My new friend

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
I have a new flying friend and he is meeting me at El Mirage in a few weeks to show him my gyroplane. He is very interested in seeing one fly.

He has my cell phone number and will call me to set up a time and day. I can't wait to meet him, he is after all a very famous personality and loves to fly himself. Here is some videos he has put together of him flying.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaisolo

danmcgee

Aircraft
Phantom, Zenair 701
Total Flight Time
Tina you go girl Chewbacca is real looker and you can spend many hours together doing your hair. Oh wait a menuet did you mean Mr. Ford?

Have fun Dan

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
I think I read somewhere that he has an MD500. Good luck and get plenty of photos.

gyro-3xio

I had the opportunity to see his deHaviland Beaver, (DHC-2) in Kelowna BC.
It was completely refurbished. Mint condition. A real gem.

Jim.

Steve McGowan

Gold Member
Hey Tina

Hey Tina

I have a new flying friend and he is meeting me at El Mirage in a few weeks to show him my gyroplane. He is very interested in seeing one fly.

He has my cell phone number and will call me to set up a time and day. I can't wait to meet him, he is after all a very famous personality and loves to fly himself. Here is some videos he has put together of him flying.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaisolo

Don't waste your time,, he can't get you half as high as flyin a gyro can..

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Way to Go!!!!

Way to Go!!!!

Tina.

After he see's a Gyroplane Fly and you have explained all the advantages Gyroplanes have he can't help but be impressed. Once you have him in that excited about Gyroplanes state, you should see if you can get him to come to El Mirage Fly In, or to the National Event at Mentone. That could turn into a huge credibility builder for our organization if we could get someone like him involved in some way. He has been very invoilved in EAA's Young Eagle program for years and may be looking for the next thing to get involved with. I don't know how you got hooked up with him but this could turn into a GREAT Thing for our sport. Good luck and have fun showing him what a Gyro is all about. What a great opprotunity for you!!!!

Gyro Doug

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
No crying please Thom.

Sounds good Tina, hope the visit goes well and he likes it. I hear he is a good guy and very keen aviator.

Visited Kelowna a couple of times to get the wingtip nod done Jim, didn't bump into him unfortunately. Nice place though

Harry_S.

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
RAF2000
Total Flight Time
2000+ hrs.
Tina,

Mention the upcoming Bensen Days, if you happen to see him before BDs dates.

He flies into this area sometimes and he just may make a visit to Wauchula, who knows?!

Cheers :)

chuter

Platinum Member
Aircraft
original design tractor gyro
Very cool!
What's the gizmo he connects to the front to start the heli?

JEFF TIPTON

Aircraft
Grumman AA5
Total Flight Time
That is a very high capacity portable battery. Little units like that can be used to Allison, Pratt & Whitney and even Garrett turbine engines.

The owned by the local THP unit must weigh 40 pounds, but has enough reserve for several engine starts before recharging with 100 volts.