My Genesis Gyro is For Sale

GaryMac

Aircraft
Building a Genesis G1sa
Total Flight Time
UPDATED..... SPECIAL PACKAGE DEAL: I'm offering a special package deal that includes the gyro, both sets of rotor blades, and the prop for $16,000. That's a $3,000 discount over the prices I had previously listed for these items.

ANYBODY PASSING THROUGH TEXAS ON THEIR WAY TO THE ANAHUAC FLY-IN SHOULD STOP IN COLLEYVILLE TO PICK UP A REALLY NICE GYRO..... JUST NEEDS AN ENGINE!

Buyer would be responsible for pickup and or shipping costs.

First, let me apologize for the long post…. Interested parties will want all the information listed.

It has taken me a long time, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I’m never going to finish / fly my Aviomania Genesis gyroplane.

Here is a link to my build thread…. You can see the whole history of the gyro from kit receipt to current state on this thread: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29059.

Here’s a list of everything that I have for it:

Genesis G1sa gyroplane, with full build documentation and plans. It is currently set up with the Aviomania rotor head with electric pre-rotator, as advertised on the Aviomania website.

I think I built it with great quality and care, but obviously I would expect any buyer to go through it thoroughly before attempting flight. Install the engine of your choice.... it is currently set up with an engine mount for the HKS 700 series, but the gyro was designed for the Rotax 582. If you choose to go with a 582, you will need to rebuild the engine mount appropriately. Other than installing an engine, the gyro only needs the nose wheel steering re-done, a new battery, hang test, and airworthiness inspection to be considered complete and ready for testing.

It has a very high quality, professional paint job and powder coating job on it.

Steam gauges for airspeed and altimeter.

Red lion rotor speed gauge (not hooked up, as I intended to run the rotor speed on the MGL Xtreme EFIS.

MGL Xtreme mini EFIS for all engine monitoring functions, including the advanced RDAC unit. This unit also does basic navigation functions, and basic flight information (altitude, airspeed, VSI).

I also have a 16 foot long, 9 foot tall enclosed trailer that I would sell with this gyro, if the buyer is interested in it. $3,000 for the trailer, if wanted.

Please PM me if you are interested . Buyer will be responsible for pick up or shipping costs. Buyer will also be required to sign a release of liability statement.

Thanks, Gary McClure
[email protected]

PLEASE NOTE, THE ENGINE IS NO LONGER ON THE GYRO AND HAS BEEN SOLD SEPARATELY.

PLEASE NOTE, THE ENGINE IS NO LONGER ON THE GYRO AND HAS BEEN SOLD SEPARATELY.

Pictures of trailer:

20120622_141735.jpg

20120622_141923.jpg

Last edited:
Sad to see so much hard work and dedicated effort go this way.

Having had to part out one do very much understand that sometimes life can not go quite as we would want,

Hope it goes to a good owner and you get a buyer Gary.

Gary - it looks like you are almost there, with the finish line in sight.

Good luck with the sale, it's a smart looking machine.

Gary, you are almost there!!! it was the first to be so close to finish and i was expecting yours was going to be the first to fly in the USA couple of years ego!!!!!!

I feel sorry that after all this work and love you put in building this you decided to let it go.... (practically giving it away at that price... since it is ready to fly)...... surely the one to buy it will be very lucky as you did a grate job on it.

I wish you good luck with the sale.... (or even better... your circumstances to change so you can finish, fly and enjoy it :) !!!!)

Gary finish that baby up and get over here so we can go flying together like we talked about. I wish I could help you out some way and I know live sometimes getes in the way , sorry mam. it looks REALY GOOD!!!!

She is a sweet looking 4 stroke just about ready to fly.
I'm sad you cannot finish flight training and fly her but I will help you anyway I can to do either.

I'll let everyone know they can buy a stable almost finished Aviomania folks have asked if they could buy a used one.

Bump.... Gyro is now for sale without engine, which has been sold separately. See Post 1 for details.

Gary,
I couldn't find anything about blades. Do you have a set of blades to include?

And do you know what size prop your gyro will accommodate?

Thanks,

Scott

Hello, Scott.

I have those items available for sale separately... details below. The gyro with its current engine mount for HKS is set up for a 64" prop.

64 inch Warp Drive prop with HPL hub, ¼ inch aluminum faceplate, and 6 aluminum drive lugs. $500

24 foot dragon wings “cruiser” blades with extra tip weights. Brand new, never flown. $2,000 Firm, plus shipping.

25 foot McCutheon SkyWheels that I purchased used from Dick Goddard from the forum. Here’s the thread that describes these blades: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39835 . $2,500 firm, plus shipping.

Thanks, Gary

I'm really surprised that there is not much interest in this, but that's life I guess.

I'm offering a special package deal that includes the gyro, both sets of rotor blades, and the prop for $16,000. That's a $3,000 discount over the prices I had previously listed for these items.

Buyer would be responsible for pickup and or shipping costs.

Thanks, Gary

Still available..... but the Skywheels are about to be sold separately, unless someone takes the package deal quickly.

UPDATED..... SPECIAL PACKAGE DEAL: I'm offering a special package deal that includes the gyro, both sets of rotor blades, and the prop for $16,000. That's a $3,000 discount over the prices I had previously listed for these items.

ANYBODY PASSING THROUGH TEXAS ON THEIR WAY TO THE ANAHUAC FLY-IN SHOULD STOP IN COLLEYVILLE TO PICK UP A REALLY NICE GYRO..... JUST NEEDS AN ENGINE!

Everything except the trailer has now been sold. And the trailer is almost sold!

Thanks, Gary