My First Chapter 1 Meeting

PalmPilot

Aircraft
R22 / Enstrom (TIME ONLY)
Total Flight Time
Helicopter 133 + hrs. / Gyro 0 / Hovercraft (No Logbook)
Myself and Mrs. PalmPilot arrived at our first Chapter 1 Mtg today & were warmly welcomed! Thanks everyone for a fun & educational time. It's so great to meet with people and feel the passion & joy of flying rotorcraft! Special thanks go to Marion Springer (A Legend). What a very sweet & kind person-thanks for the tour & showing us your gyro-can't wait to see you fly! Teddy (VP) What a great character, who kept us laughing & gave us a great hangar tour also! Thanks to Karen, Ron, Dave Bacon and all others present (please don't quiz me on everyone's names). Vance & Ed, it was a pleasure to meet you. You all made us feel like part of the group. Look forward to learning more & meeting with you all again!

Mike & Teri

okikuma

Glad to read you had a great time at the meeting. How was the weather there? I'm working this weekend so I was unable to attend for this month.

Wayne

PalmPilot

Aircraft
R22 / Enstrom (TIME ONLY)
Total Flight Time
Helicopter 133 + hrs. / Gyro 0 / Hovercraft (No Logbook)
Hi Wayne!
Yes, it was a very enjoyable time! The weather was overcast and drizzling in the LA basin, but once we got to the top of the 15-Cajon Pass, we came into sunshine and very pleasant temperatures. Teddy mentioned it was perfect flying weather, when the wind started to pick up! Everyone had good information to share. On the way home, my wife said her jaw hurt from laughing at Teddy & Vance's sense of humor.
We're looking forward to another adventure in driving up the coast to stop in & say "Hi" to Vance & Ed and see the Predator in person!
Look forward to meeting you sometime soon!

Mike

tadgyro

tadgyro
Aircraft
Bensen Type,KB2, KB3 and Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
25 + years
Chapter One Meeting

Chapter One Meeting

Thank You All for kind words.
I don't expect that many people and I was surprise.
Be shy by nature it was not easy for me conduct that meeting, but looks like went OK.
Thank You again and hope see you All at the next one
Teddy :wave:

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
I enjoyed meeting you and your wife Mike.

We had an overwhelming amount of new person enthusiasm at the meeting and that made the meeting fun.

You would have enjoyed it Wayne.

I felt you did well running the meeting Tadeusz.

I don’t remember saying anything funny.

I loved meeting Dave’s father after the meeting; he is a remarkable man with a lot of great gyroplane experience. He had some wonderful stories about gyro gliders and early days without training.

Thank you, Vance

M._Springer

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Bensen
Total Flight Time
5000+
Chapter 1 meeting

Chapter 1 meeting

I think the meeting of last Saturday was one of the best ever.

I enjoyed hearing about the space shuttle at Edwards from Ch. 1 member David Wislon , who gets to see it up close and personal when it lands at the base.

Visitor Alex Croba from Bakersfield has an Raf 2000 and is looking for flight instruction . Alex brought friend Jim with him and small world that it is, Jim lived in Tracy during the years Docko and I were there. He was a kid on the airport at the time. It was fun rembering people and places we both knew from the past with him.

Palm Pilot, Mike and his wife Teri are delightful and Vance and Edna, you always add to the meetings.

V P Teddy did a commendable job of filling in for Pres. Jeff who was away on business .

After the meeting proper adjourned we all met at my hangar where Dave Bacon was busy fitting a starter onto my Mac . More on that when it's all up and running . Then it was on to Teddy's hangar to see his machines and what he has been up to lately.

Wayne, you missed a good one.
Marion

okikuma

Hi Marian,

Yes, it sure does sound like I missed a good meeting ... darn! I was also invited to visit Krey Field just south-east of El Mirage by some soaring friends the same afternoon and missed a good day of flying there too.

I certainly would love to hear David's accounts of the Space Shuttle. Sometime ago, I had the rare opportunity to fly an approach in the Shuttle Simulator at the Johnson Space Center. I landed the first try (would have killed my ego if I didn't LOL).

Thanks everyone for keeping me updated through this forum.

Wayne