My Dad

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Bensen/BMW R-1100 (under construction)
Total Flight Time
500+
My dad is very sick.
He has fond memories of our South Florida fly-ins, and all the chapter 26 guys and gals.
He would love to hear from you, tho he is not a computer guy.
Bill "Scat" Scattergood
141 Berkeley St.
Satellite Bch. Fl. 32937

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Is there anything that is needed or can be done by me to help out?

Your dad use to come to all the flyins in the late 80's early 90's. Cool old man with a great sence of humor, great to be around. We had a whole different class of people back in the day.

Hope your Dad gets better soon and gets to enjoy the Holidays.

~~JAKE~~

I am now including your Dad in my prayers, as im sure many reading this here are.

Robert

Last edited:
Lee,
Please tell Bill that we think of him often and the good days that we had together.Those were the days! Van Hoten,Jimmy Waite,your dad,and all the rest of us flying all day and telling stories about flying at night. Remembering the old days is about all that I do now.

Guys, I just got home from Bill's house. A nice lady that used to live next door, was there with some stew that smelled great. Bill was eating as we spoke, and Joyce was talking a mile a minute. Bill lost a bunch of weight, but he says he is getting his appetite back. He is a cool old dude, and I didn't know he is 82 years old. Thanks for everyones concern.

Thank You all, For your prayers, thoughts and kindness.
He is a tough old bird. He will probably bounce back from this and outlive me.

Thanks Jake

Thanks Jake

My dad recieved a nice gift from GyroJake today.
A nice, framed pic of a bunch of the old sunstate pilots, probably from a new years fly-in.
He began smiling and naming off more of the guys than I could remember.
He has been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, an auto-immune disorder that attacks the muscle / nerve interface.
The docs say it is treatable, but will be a slow recovery.
He is in better spirits now than he has been, I feel better about the situation also.
He is determined to get to Wachula for the New Years fly-in, in order to thank Jake himself. I will get him there if at all possible.

Ol Scatt has a bunch of people who care about him, a product of how he treats others.
Last Saturday, there was three gyro guys by his bedside, along with his wife Joyce, daughter Lisa, and son Lee. Feeling as poorly as he did, he continued to express his feelings for everyone in attendance. Seems particularly fond of Joyce.
Have to take back half of what I said about Jake...

Your welcome

Your welcome

My dad recieved a nice gift from GyroJake today.
A nice, framed pic of a bunch of the old sunstate pilots, probably from a new years fly-in.
He is determined to get to Wachula for the New Years fly-in, in order to thank Jake himself. I will get him there if at all possible.
Lee;
The pic was from a monthly flyin at Okeechobee 1991 or 92.Those were the good ole days.
Thanks should also go to Bud and Ronda for editing the pic and getting the frame. I chose the get well card cause it says GYRO PILOT all over it !!
See ya New Years. Again on behalf of Sunstate Wing and Rotor Club--Get well and have many more wonderfull days.
Have to take back half of what I said about Jake...

Mike;

If you took back half , that would still be a pretty big load for one man to handle!! :)

Jake is a good man,Has and will do most anything for anybody,even me!

Bud;

WHAT!! Are you trying to ruin my reputation!! It should read ALMOST ANYBODY!!!

~~JAKE~~

Praying that your Dad gets well

Last edited: