My attempt at a UL Tractor Gyro

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
I have always wanted a tractor gyro. It is one of the many projects I have "In Progress". I have built some of the frame and parts in SW, the dimensions in some of the pictures were just quick grabs, I did not go to exact edges but it is really close. I made a 130 lb dummy weight for the engine, and a min pilot weight 118 lbs and a max pilot weight of 236 lbs. I have posted some screen grabs from SW with the mass properties listed along with the CG location. You can see the dummy weights in place in each screen grab. I have the major frame components in place, the seat and how far I have gotten in designing the tail surfaces. Still a long way to go though, but I am working to make it easy and inexpensive to build. Also the major goal is to be really Part 103 Compliant.

David
Right Side View.jpgTop View.jpgFront View.jpgEmpty weight CG.jpgMin Pilot Weight 118 lbs CG.jpgMax Pilot Weight 236 lbs CG.jpg

Last edited:

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
Here is the new right view at max pilot weight with a person instead of a cylinder, thanks to Hotwings for sending it. He is 6 foot tall and 238 lbs.Max Pilot Weight 236 lbs CG.jpg