My 2nd favorite Helicycle video

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I was out having a ball today. I had made a few videos...then did some more flying and forgot the camera was runniing,

The Helicycle was busy going in and out of my channel.....doing quick stops over my dads corn, hovering on my lot next to my house....then hovering behind the house getting Barbaras attention. I was practicing aggressive turns just getting the feel for the ship. You never know when a real 180 auto needs to be done, and you have to get turned around now.

Anyway...I landed and had I known the camera was on...I would have shut it off. But I was doing my post flight walk around when I noticed my camera was on.

When I went and viewed it....it immediately became my 2nd favorite Helicycle video. My favorite is the flame out with the 200 foot run on landing. That will be hard to beat for my personal video file. But I was elated to see I caught how I love to fly this thing. I wont be playing down low over that corn very much longer. Its growing several inches per day....another week and I cant do that safely.

YouTube - ‪June11 004‬‏

Stan

Nice flying....I think the Eagle R&D folks need to work a deal with you for these videos, they are great! Really love the sensation of speed, or as BJ called it "scalded cat" performance.

Monarchist- Thanks for the comment. I have to agree it has scalded cat performance. Plenty of reserve power with the turbine. I havent detected any lack of control authority either. Never have experienced so much exhiliration extending a long time after each flight. I really feel like I am still flying a half hour after I set her down. Its pure mechanical matrimony with this chopper. Stan

Very nice video Stan. You have such an inviting surroundings to to fly your baby in that it is an enjoyment to watch you enter and exit through that channel. :) Thanks for sharing. I love the sound of the spin down!!!!

Nice Stan! way to demonstrate what the helo can do.....I like those get in and get out shots. I need to send you a Strafer BB gun that I make and get some low level gun footage. the whole package would weigh about 12lbs. it can fire 6mm bio-degradable shots if you want to go green :~)

Gabor and Gyro- Thanks! I just uploaded my 100th video to YouTube. I will post it later. More flying later today. Stan

Coldmaildude- go to the video that says November11 on it. Last Veterans Day i became e helicopter veteran. The flameout is just after 5 1/2 minutes intoo the video. I had to pull hard collective and did a 200 ft. Runon landing before it stopped. Stan

Ron- I assume you mean "close to Mentone?" I have never looked forward to that event as I have this year. I havent flown to or at Mentone since 2007. I plan on burning lots of JetA. Are you going to make the trip?

Stan

no no no......... I was talking about you deservingly taking the title of #1 poster soon! I give it a month and your there! Don't know about Mentone this year..... Funds are tighter than ever and mentone is a expensive trip for me with fuel and all the other associated costs with attending. Will have to just see whats going on and if I go it will be a last minute decision