MTO Sport - Prerotator

Mike Stone

Self Induced Grounding
Any one had the compressed air to the Prerotator piston just stop flowing. All other pneumatic funtions like rotor brake still work.

Last edited:

magknight

Mike, you can have a leak on the flight side of the pneumatic system and not the brake side. I doubt it's the cylinder, likely a hose leak. Do you get pressure building when you engage the pump in flight mode?

Let mennow if you'd like help tracking it down. I'd be happy to stop by and catch up!

- Jason

It could Just be the button isn't working.
It could also be the diode that enables the compressor in the Pneumatic control box is open circuit.

Did the compressor actually run when the Pre-rotator button was pressed?
It may be hard to hear with the engine running.

The pre-rotator system will operate even with the engine OFF.
Even if the clutch engages, there is a second, tiny, gas piston that engages the Pre-rotator shaft to the big sprocket gear just under the head.
If the small gear does not get lifted into the big sprocket, the symptoms are the same as if the clutch didn't engage.

In detail, What are your symptoms?

Texasautogyro

Gyro Master Instructor
Mike i have had one of the cylinders go bad however check to see if air iis flowing those air system get sticky when not used regularly. The magnetic valves stick and hoses need re seated. I have had luck using neumatic tool oil just a drop after the pump to help keep things from gumming up. I also have seen the valve that bleeds off the air at the belt piston need adjusted.

twistair

Living in the Skies
Any one had the compressed air to the Prerotator piston just stop flowing. All other pneumatic funtions like rotor brake still work.
I had similar problem in a Calidus recently. Compressor works but air doesn't come to cylinder. The reason was that some very small particle blocked the jet which regulates airflow speed to cylinder. This particle could be a result of oxidizing inside pneumo system. Disassembled, purged off with air pump, works now.

Mike Stone

Self Induced Grounding
Thanks for all the input. Was just a simple matter of a fine readjustment of the micro-switch at the base of the stick to engage when stick forward...