MTO sport landing light

bilguun

Aircraft
auto-gyro
Total Flight Time
hi all .
MTO sport's landing light deosn't switched on how am i fixing . LED lights is working normaly . and fuses ok

The MTO lights aren't powered unless the engine is running. Is it not working at all? If not, have you tested it for power? If so, may just be a bad light.

That's s bit weird. Lights should come on after Master switch is turned on not after engine is running.

Weird or not, that's what the MTO's I've owned / flown have done. I'm sure they could be directly connected to the battery, but the factory wiring harnesses (again, the ones I've seen) don't power the lights until engine is running (probably directly powered by the stator but don't have a diagram handy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the early MTO light could come on with the key. But because of battery drain and people thinking it's good to test everything and then not being able to start the aircraft it was re designed. It trips a circuit after engine start and then stays on until after the key is turned off. It is not run by the stater. The battery powers it through a relay.
When you fly in Alaska all checks are done after engine start because if you drop flaps and turn on lights to do a walk around you will not be able to start the engine in low temps. It's such a big deal in Part 135 and 121 operations that it's in the ops manual to never do that so you do not get stranded in the bush. Many times I checked the lights on landing only and noted it then or have a ground crew look with signals after engine start.