MTO helmets

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
Just wondering if there are any other helmet options available in the US other than the standard Autogyro helmets for Mto Sports that are compatible with the standard Mto comms?

If your asking about US indigenous helmets that work with the MTO, I have not seen any. I ended up buying a Flycom from the UK. A little pricy but works well and quite comfortable. Just finished a 2 day 800 mile flight down the east coast to Florida and was surprised at how comfortable the helmet was for all those hours.

Cheers

Jim

Why can't you just use Comtronics, or other helmet? or even a good headset with the helmet that fits over? Many people here have modified motorcycle helmets to work with aviation with great results, and lots of $$$ left over in their pockets.

What is so special about the MTO comm that you have to buy their helmets?

I used my Fly Com noise canceling headset, with comtronics helmet in the Russian Tango 2 and it worked just fine.

Just wondering if there are any other helmet options available in the US other than the standard Autogyro helmets for Mto Sports that are compatible with the standard Mto comms?

The radios on the MTO sport are very good radios. When I sold those gyros I bought the same radios in the USA because trying to get them worked on through Germany was a pain. I also ordered the wire harness with standard GA plugs. You can buy an adapter to change the connection to GA plugs and then use any headset you like.

Flycom helmets will work with that radio though some settings have to be set right via Menu options.
I sell Flycom helmets here but they are from the UK. They beat Comtronics for being quiet and legible. Comtronics may also work.
You will need GA twin jacks to one quarter inch stereo jack adapter. Flycom makes that also.

Is the Flycom quieter than the standard AutoGyro headset and does it allow standard glasses to be worn?

Is the Flycom quieter than the standard AutoGyro headset and does it allow standard glasses to be worn?

Yes IMO. And yes you can wear glasses under it

No Title

I Really did not like the original Helmets so I made my Own...Now I'm looking for Noise Cancelation Headsets with the MTO plug.
best part the Helmets have a visor built in..

Sheck Amazon for Helmets with Visor .

Attachments

• photo130749.jpg
    photo130749.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 17
My gyro has regular GA plugs so I use my old Air Force Gentex and it works fine.

No Title

I have a Icaro 2000 helmet with Peltor autogyro connectors. Looks like the same cups as caciquefl posted above.
To cut a long story short I bought as a microlight helmet, but my setup needs 7 pins rather than the 6 on this one. It was previously used on an autogyro.

I'm looking to either:
1. Sell as is, helmet and headset.
2. Sell the cups on their own, without the metal springs etc (I have another headset I can use the cups off)
3. Sell the these cups and with the headband from some microavionics ones as linked above. So they would sit under a microavionics helmet.

I will put in the for sale category.
P.M. me if you are interested in any of the above options. I'm based in the UK.

Attachments

• photo131456.jpg
    photo131456.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 13
  • photo131457.jpg
    photo131457.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 10
  • photo131458.jpg
    photo131458.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 10
  • photo131460.jpg
    photo131460.jpg