MT 03 Trim system

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
I would appreciated knowing how the MT 03 pneumatic trim systrem works as I could nor see a spring BUT that does not mean it was there. The pneumatics get changed from the trim system to the rotor brake system with a tap arrangement.

Aussie Paul. :)

Attachments

Sapientino

Aircraft
custom gyro
I would appreciated knowing how the MT 03 pneumatic trim systrem works .

no there is no spring, or to be precise it uses only an "air spring" an it varies the force increasing air pressure in the upper part of the air piston.
It works quite well (I tested the system on a ELA of which MT03 is a clone)
the nice thing is that inverting flow in the piston you can use it to push the rotor forward when you are taxiing

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
no there is no spring, or to be precise it uses only an "air spring" an it varies the force increasing air pressure in the upper part of the air piston.
It works quite well (I tested the system on a ELA of which MT03 is a clone)
the nice thing is that inverting flow in the piston you can use it to push the rotor forward when you are taxiing

Thank you Sapientino.:first:

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Paul,

Did you manage to find out why the rotor head is mounted off centre ?
No, not really. IMHO it is to keep the airframe as level as possible against prop torque.

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
No, not really. IMHO it is to keep the airframe as level as possible against prop torque.
Yes, that's right. The rotor is offset about 1" to the right (looking from the back) to counteracht the torque on the airframe resulting from spinning the prop ccw (also looking from the back).

-- Chris.

Sapientino

Aircraft
custom gyro
Paul,

Did you manage to find out why the rotor head is mounted off centre ?
it's to minimize prop torque also magni do the same.
In my gyro I don't have and I have to take the head 2° on the left to have the cloche in the middle during fligth