MT-03 restart video on youtube

chuter

Platinum Member
Aircraft
original design tractor gyro
Looked pretty good; I'll be happy when all of mine look that good.

HotelMike

So Kai,

how goes the training? I have recenly completed my course and am now the proud owner of a PPL(G) and an MT. You making progress?

PS. The T+G looks fine by me - I tell you, I had some real stinkers when it came to landing in my early hours and on my first solo, but they seem to improve bit by bit. I would like to meet the man/woman who's landings are always perfect - hmmm do they really exist?

Kai (UK):plane:

Last edited:

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
Hi Kai ;) (I assume you hear that a million times like I do)

my training is progressing, but slowly. My landings are so-so the starts are ok. Last thing we practiced was 360-turns on the spot, slow-down and speed up without rollercoaster and tight turns. At the moment I still recommend paper bags for my passengers :wave:

As I have a day job and a family I need to squeeze it in during the week wo my time per week is limited.

I have to correct my initial statement regarding the video, the touch and go is really quite excellent, I have seen worse since from licensed pilots.

Kai.

HotelMike

You'll have to explain this one to me in more detail: What is a 360 degree turn on the spot? Do you mean in flight or on the ground? How is that one done as I sure haven't tried it?

Bye Kai (sure you hear that one as well :yo: )

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
until I find a video clip I try to explain with words:

You slow down until 40 kph IAS, then step into the left rudder HARD. As the gyro turns left it wants to roll, so now you stear against it with the stick slightly to the right. Now the "cabin" turns on the spot, driven by the prop, while the rotor autorotates on top of you downwards.

At the end (like when the gound comes nearer) you put the rudder straight, and pitch a little forward so that you start picking up speed again.

I guess a fixed wing pilot will suffer a heart condition in this one.

Kai
(the German word for shark is Hai, pronounced Hi!. So you will hear/read Hai Kai in Germany, too).