Most Famous Gyros

Bill Parsons The man

Bill Parsons The man

Regarding famous or not so famous gyros and or pilots,what about Bill Parsons the designer of the tandem trainer, most, no, all of the tandem trainers are designed after a Parsons two place, one person behind the other with 9 degrees mast angle bla. bla. bla . I do not care if it is center line or not they are all the same, give credit where credit is do. The man should have a flyin in hs name at least in Fl. Big Jim

sombody please...

sombody please...

give this man a star already!:boom:

Award Winning GoGo Gadget!

Award Winning GoGo Gadget!

The Gadget has Won alot of Awards over the years! In fact the FAA uses it as a training tool to show what a autogyro looks like when they do seminars within the FAA. Here are the photos they use! The Gadget is the most reconized & most photographed gyro at PRA & regional events that I`m aware of!

Attachments

• Mentone gadget1.jpg
    Mentone gadget1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Mentone gadget2.jpg
    Mentone gadget2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Mentone gadget3.jpg
    Mentone gadget3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1
Rick- What a nice piece of work. I have seen that on the cover...but have never seen it in person. Do you still have it?

Stan

Um... ahem... I just noticed how old this thread was. My apologies :D
Glad you revived this thread. I must have missed it last year. By the way , when I searched my memory it was the US Postal Service Kellett KD-1 that came to my mind also. They used to show old news reels of it up here.

The Rick Whittridge gadget is sure cool.

Arnie

Hasn't anybody heard of Bill Parsons The inventor of the Parsons Trainer. All of the so called C.F.I. are riding on his coat tails. Every two place tandem is designed from a Parsons. Give the man credit! There should be a flyin in his name, Parsons Days, at least in Fl , Your friend, Gyrocopter1 lets hear some feedback

Nice gyro too (as first born ala Bensen dual seat.)
I'v logged thousands of hours on it.

Attachments

• Parsons 2.JPG
    Parsons 2.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hank Hinchman's H1 Racer

Hank Hinchman's H1 Racer

I was chair of the 1996 & 1997 PRA convention. I felt we cheapened the awards by giving away so many, so I cut the categories down to half.

Hank Hinchman heard about this and blamed, then PRA president, Gary Goldsberry for doing it to spite him so he wouldn't win an award. I explained to Hank that Gary knew nothing about this until the banquet, but that wasn't good enough for Hank and he was never heard from again.

I just thought I'd set the record straight (again)

Attachments

• hinchman_racer.jpg
    hinchman_racer.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

New to posting here but have been following the forum for years. Here's Ken Wallis and his Zeus 3 gyro for the film "The Martian Chronicles"

Paddy

Attachments

• Wallis1.jpg
    Wallis1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, Paddy.

No horizontal stabilizer but with wooden rotorblades having external noseweights. Guess what makes it stable?

Those are all pretty good ones. How about the Windryder that was on the cover of Popular Mechanics? Maybe not really famous, but well published.

attachment.php

Last edited:
The Gadget has Won alot of Awards over the years! In fact the FAA uses it as a training tool to show what a autogyro looks like when they do seminars within the FAA. Here are the photos they use! The Gadget is the most reconized & most photographed gyro at PRA & regional events that I`m aware of!

How many hours on the airframe? My guess is 3.

Which gyro holds the most world records for gyro performance

Tony

no not close

Andy Keech's Littlewing has the most records.
Ken wallis is probably still second, although I'm not sure if he used the same machine for all his record attempts.