Montgomerie-bensen b8mr - g-bvjf

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Popping up in the latest Register changes is MONTGOMERIE-BENSEN B8MR G-BVJF - cancelled as "permantly withdrawn from use" - built 1994 cancelled 22-2-16

more here

Last edited:
Never built

Never built

This machine was never built bought as a kit it had the short mast and required a lot of up grades

an Update - another old timer cancelled a few days ago on 8th April 2016 as "permantly withdrawn from use" - G-BHEM Bensen B8MV

Built in 1985
By 1995 it had declared just 38 flight hours - less than 4 hours per year.
Certificate of airworthiness expired in 2000
Now struck off

I suppose that tyre is only flat on the bottom.

Seriously, that craft is a bunt-over or torque-over waiting to happen. A powerful, redrive 2-stroke, high thrustline and no meaningful tail surfaces to oppose either torque roll or PPO moment.

Chop the keel off in front of the mast and lift it up a foot. Put a HS on the fin in the prop wash and replace the outboard tank with a seat tank.....unless you live in Great Britain. In which case put it in a museum.

Chop the keel off in front of the mast and lift it up a foot. Put a HS on the fin in the prop wash and replace the outboard tank with a seat tank.....unless you live in Great Britain. In which case put it in a museum.

I think there may be more in museums than in airfield hangers

I wonder how much they want for the bike?
Mike G

Another CAA update shows one more old timer "permantly withdrawn from use"

G-BUZC Everette Series 3A - registered in 1993 and PWFU on 18.4.16

No apparent issued permit, zero flight hours shown. Assume never completed.

One registered owner the whole time.

I've not seen a photo of G-BUZC- if anyone can share one or provide a weblink to one I'd be interested to see.

indeed - subsequently seen stored at Sproughton in the late 1990s.

Never built

Never built

This machine was never built bought as a kit it had the short mast and required a lot of up grades
What is the difference between the short and long mast and what are the upgrades that are needed for the short mast. I am in the process of buying an old machine and I think it has a mast length of 62.5 inches