Montgomerie-bensen b8mr - g-bvjf

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Popping up in the latest Register changes is MONTGOMERIE-BENSEN B8MR G-BVJF - cancelled as "permantly withdrawn from use" - built 1994 cancelled 22-2-16

more here

Last edited:

Blade

Aircraft
magni m16, bensen gyrocopter,Air Command single seater Air Command elit 2 seater and flexwing
Total Flight Time
700 plus
Never built

Never built

This machine was never built bought as a kit it had the short mast and required a lot of up grades

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
an Update - another old timer cancelled a few days ago on 8th April 2016 as "permantly withdrawn from use" - G-BHEM Bensen B8MV

Built in 1985
By 1995 it had declared just 38 flight hours - less than 4 hours per year.
Certificate of airworthiness expired in 2000
Now struck off

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
I suppose that tyre is only flat on the bottom.

Seriously, that craft is a bunt-over or torque-over waiting to happen. A powerful, redrive 2-stroke, high thrustline and no meaningful tail surfaces to oppose either torque roll or PPO moment.

bpearson

Chop the keel off in front of the mast and lift it up a foot. Put a HS on the fin in the prop wash and replace the outboard tank with a seat tank.....unless you live in Great Britain. In which case put it in a museum.

SandL

Aircraft
Bensen Merlin dragon wings Rotax 532
Total Flight Time
400hrs (4,000 instructional launches) gliding, 200 fixed wing, 100 gyro
Chop the keel off in front of the mast and lift it up a foot. Put a HS on the fin in the prop wash and replace the outboard tank with a seat tank.....unless you live in Great Britain. In which case put it in a museum.
I think there may be more in museums than in airfield hangers

Mike G

Aircraft
Owned Magni M16 now ELA 07
Total Flight Time
550FW + 500 gyro
I wonder how much they want for the bike?
Mike G

Steve_UK

Aircraft
Another CAA update shows one more old timer "permantly withdrawn from use"

G-BUZC Everette Series 3A - registered in 1993 and PWFU on 18.4.16

No apparent issued permit, zero flight hours shown. Assume never completed.

One registered owner the whole time.

I've not seen a photo of G-BUZC- if anyone can share one or provide a weblink to one I'd be interested to see.

Steve_UK

Aircraft
indeed - subsequently seen stored at Sproughton in the late 1990s.

JETLAG03

Never built

Never built

This machine was never built bought as a kit it had the short mast and required a lot of up grades
What is the difference between the short and long mast and what are the upgrades that are needed for the short mast. I am in the process of buying an old machine and I think it has a mast length of 62.5 inches