Mohawk Aero Celebrates 10th Anniversary 2022

Teal Jenkins is a trike guy and a nuclear power plant machinist. He did Yamaha conversions on trikes almost 8 or 9 years ago that I know of. I think he used an adapter for Rotax C gearbox back then but now he has his own gearbox. I know a couple of people who use it, and I am an acquaintance with Teal. Everyone I know who has used Teal's stuff and dealt with him has positive things to say about him

Really because I seem to remember my dad putting one on the yamanator long before you did. Matter of fact I remember you coming over and looking at his installation at Bensen Days and telling us you were considering doing it. You asked questions and dad told you the issues he had with the installation. He showed you the Sprag clutch that he had made that went between the gear box and prop. This he found was was necessary to swing the 70 inch Warp Drive prop he had on his machine. So you claiming you came up with all of this on your own when you clearly did not is quite frankly Bullshit. Maybe you should talk to yourself in third person some more and alter your post since you didn’t originate this. Seems to me you saw how my dad did it as the very first person to put a four cylinder Yamaha four stroke 150 horse engine on an aircraft and took two years to make your own version. I’ve heard that you said my dad‘s installation was not successful. It’s kind of funny lsince he flew for two years before he sold it never had a problem with it. He sold it to a customer who insisted on the throttle being moved to the other side the guy took some lessons and then ended up having a ground incident with it and it was totaled. There are plenty of people that saw it fly including yourself so I have no idea why you would say it wasn’t successful or pretend that you were the first person to put one on a machine. I would appreciate you correcting this inaccurate statement that you’ve made because it is not only inaccurate it is untrue. If you have an issue with anything I have said I would encourage you to come see me at any of the fly-ins we are both at. I’m sure we can settle it like men not like keyboard cowboys.

Check the date on this video it’s 2010. That’s two years before you did it buddy.
Great, I was expecting this. Now let's talk about it since you brought it up.

The RFD Yaminator was an APEX engine installed on a Dominator gyro that was never considered a success by its builder, let alone anyone else since it was beset with numerous problems which precluded safe, reasonable, cross country flight. In fact the builder swore to never build another "Yamaha anything" because it was so much trouble with such poor results and took him well over a year to get it in the air (mine took 4 months, start-to-finish and flight). And, no, he never did build another. In fact, Ernie convinced a whole slew of folks that the Yamaha was a terrible engine. And that sentiment lives on largely due to Ernie's high standing in the gyro community, most especially in FLA.

Ernie boyette started his project with a basic engine and ancillaries, less intake plenum and exhaust, instead of buying the whole snowmobile. That was his first of many mistakes, as he had a very difficult time trying to figure out the plumbing, electrical, intake and exhaust - let alone a PSRU attachment.

In fact Ernie never did get the wiring right and the aircraft was dangerously unpredictable with ECU problems causing forced landings over and over again. As Ernie put it to me, "It'll be flying along just fine when all of a sudden, with no warning and for no apparent reason, it cuts back to a fast idle and you must land at once. Then, let it sit for a while, and it will fly again. I can't figure it out. I'll never build another one. I'm going with Viking. Let someone else do all the engine work, give me something I can just take off the skid and install on one of my gyros and I'm happy. F___ Yamahas." Sound like a successful build to you?

Other, less significant problems went unaddressed, to include a grip heat warning light that wouldn't go away on the multi-function display (MFD).

There's more. The YG4 is a 5-valve-per-cyl engine which is dependent on good airflow, and upon which Helmholtz wave construction has a huge impact when the intake, and exhaust, are properly tuned - acting as a mini turbo when done right. Done wrong the engine will run fine at WOT but have terrible midrange power, resulting in "throttle lag" experienced by the operator.

Without having a stock airbox to use Ernie made his own. It was poorly designed with badly tuned velocity stacks, leading to significant midrange power loss, hence terrible "throttle lag". Next, the YG4 exhaust needs to be 21" from head flange to collector crotch for best power across the bandwidth 5000-10,000 ERPM. Ernie built his with 5" headers stubbed into a collector/silencer, which is fine for WOT but terrible for anything much below 9500 ERPM. Result: really bad throttle lag.

The upshot from all this throttle lag was that the engine, producing very poor low & midrange power, would not start up and run without a clutch. Ernie convinced everyone - including myself - that these engines must have a clutch or they just won't start and stay running due to shaking below smooth idle settings (later proven wrong with Kurt Carleson's MAC YG4 Air Command in 2016, as earlier with the MAC Silent Drive YG4 Air Command c2015. Since then most of the MAC kits are sold with direct-drive, no clutch).

He went to Neil Hintz for a PSRU and clutch solution. They installed a sparg soft start clutch between the gearbox PSRU and prop. The sprag housing cracked. Not sure how many hours they got out of it, not sure if they ever got that problem solved or not.

The aircraft was sold as-is, not sure if they ever sorted out all the problems or not but I was told no one ever got it right.

Mike Boyette: Just like your dad's Apex, the Yamaha Phazer YG2 80HP project from Todd Reick was also "the first" of its kind. And, just like your dad's Apex project, it too was also a miserable failure. In both cases the builder gave up without solving the problems and getting things sorted out. In both cases an aircraft actually flew with the intended engine. In both cases the builders themselves declared the projects a failure, told others not to use these engines for aircraft conversions, and never attempted another similar design again.

AND - again - in BOTH cases, I was able to correct their mistakes, fix the problems, and do it right the first time resulting in complete successes right out of the hanger with both engine types. Yes, I spent gobs of time studying Ernie's Yamanator and speaking with him to figure out where he went wrong and what I could be done better. "I stand on the shoulders of giants". Ernie is my hero. Mostly because no matter what, I could ALWAYS walk over and talk to him and he NEVER treated me with ANY of the disrespect that so many others here on RF enjoy doing with relish. And ketchup.

Ernie Boyette was far better than Greg Mills.

Todd Reick was far better than Greg Mills.

But where Ernie and Todd failed Greg succeeded - after much digging into their failures and coming up with better solutions.

And this resulted in success with both these two engines converted for aircraft use - for the first time.

Bottom line:

10 years, 49/50 satisfied paying Yamaha conversions parts & kits customers, and a bunch of successful firsts:
  1. First successful YG4 2012 to fly
  2. First ever and successful RX1 2012 to fly
  3. First successful, commercially-sold, mass produced, Apex kit 2017 to fly (Another guy out west successfully - which means no interrupted cross country flights, Mike - put an Apex on a Highlander with a one-off cog belt drive previously, and provided us with the aircraft changes he came up with, required for the ECU wiring)
  4. First EAA Oshkosh Grand Champ Award to a Yamaha-powered aircraft 2018
  5. First successful Phazer YG2 2019
  6. First ever and successful 165 HP NA stock Yamaha YG4 EXUP to fly 2020
  7. ZERO FORCED LANDINGS DUE TO POWER PLANT FAILURE SINCE 2012, FLEET-WIDE.
The facts speak for themselves.

P.S. I asked someone I trust to read over my first message minutes after I posted it and asked for his honest feed back. He warned that the presentation was just too much, and especially off-putting in the third person. I chose to let the post stand w/o major edits, just some minor grammar stuff, maybe a word or two here and there.

Thanks to my friend. And to any others who may count me as a friend. I may stretch the truth to tell a better story, a-la "Big Fish", but, just as his son learned at his funeral, I am no liar. Never have been, never will be. In fact I cannot lie, it's part of the curse.

A poster posting about himself as if he were a separate other person, is 'unusual'.

Last edited:
Ron I would agree with except for a couple of things. The engines although they appear physically similar have some differences that dad had to work out that Todd did not. Dealing with the built in gear reduction and how to build a gearbox that would absorb the 150 hp. He and Neal came up with this together. He also mounted it completely different. Then he built a muffler that made the engine so quiet you could barely hear it running except at flying power then it was mostly prop noise. The fuel injection was a bear to deal with as well which is why Todd chose the carb engine. Todd was of great help to dad but had no desire to mess with the four cylinder engines and told dad if he could make it work the market was his. The one thing that was majorly difference was the Sprag clutch that dad designed and Neal built that went between the prop and gearbox. The four cylinder just didn’t have the bottom end torque to swing a big warp drive without shaking itself to death. Kinda like a four cylinder Hirth without a RK400 on it.

I didn't mean to take away from the challenges your dad had to use the engine he used and make it work. And I suppose after thinking about it, other than both Todd and your dad used Yamaha sled engines, the two engines were so much different than each other, your dad was somewhat of a pioneer.

Speaking of the spag clutch... Fun fact, Racers first engine he made for his aircommand did not use a clutch of anykind. He said the engine would start and accelerate up to a smooth idle rpm no problem and operate throughout the rpm band just fine. When I got my engine and stuff to mount a gearbox, I tried using the rubber rotax coupler like Racer did and the engine on my gyro shook so violently that I thought it would rip itself off the engine mount... And it would not accelerate and smooth out like say for example a rotax two stroke that has the idle set too low. I thought about it and the only solution I could think of was to put in some sort of clutch between the prop and engine. Since I was using a Rotax gearbox, using the RK400 clutch seemed like the easiest thing to do. Only problem was, the yamaha crankshaft stub was a slightly different taper than rotax, so the clutch shoe drive piece had to be custom made and we went though a couple of those before we figured out they needed to be made out of a specific alloy and specially heat treated and hardened. Your dad ended up with the same vibration issue as I did and his solution was to try a external clutch between the gearbox and prop and I believe it did in fact work.

And Greg is correct with his last post above about Ernie's trials and tribulations with that Yamaha he " pioneered " on his two-place dominator. He DID have all the problems and issues Greg mentions and did finally say screw it and decided to start using Viking and Rotax engines from then on.

I don't know if Ernie ever did get all those issues sorted or not before he sold off that gyro. I assumed he did, but who knows? Regardless, he successfully flew a four-cylinder Yamaha engine before anyone else did as far as I know.

There are tons of pioneers in using non aviation engines for aviation purposes.... I can't remember his name, but Anthony Spagoneti ( last name is what I don't remember exactly )... from Texas.... I have seen him show up at fly-ins with a gyro powered by a Yamaha 701 PWC engine. Those engines are legendary for reliability in the PWC world. I also have seen him show up with another gyro powered by a Kawasaki three cylinder PWC engine. His two gyros are the only examples I have ever seen of a PWC engine used on a aircraft and honestly I think that is truly pioneer level stuff right there, as PWC engines are lightweight, very powerful and can be bought fairly cheap. They have no water pump and total loss cooling so some smarts had to go into how to install a gearbox along with a water pump and a reroute of the cooling system into a closed circuit recirculating system.

Anthony also showed up a few years later with a big two place gyro powered by a 2.4 liter ecotec GM inline four cylinder, this was back when everyone was using either Subaru or Mazdas... And from all reports the GM engine turned out to be a powerhouse and super reliable. Again, first one to do it, he was a pioneer

I also remember coming across a machine powered by a Honda four cylinder four stroke out of the " aquatrax " PWC. These came with a optional turbocharger and were very powerful very reliable engines. Just can't remember the guys name.... Also a pioneer!

Someone, a long time ago.... Decided to try using a Rotax two stroke snowmobile engine on a ultralight airplane and that was so successful that Rotax ended up making " aviation " versions of their engines.

Some crazy guy named Barry was the first person to power a gyro with a Jet engine not but just a few years ago.... Pioneer!

Aviation has a long history of pioneers and innovators.

'Aviation' has been nothing but a long list of pioneers.

When men discovered they hadn't been given wing to fly like the birds, they went and built them for themselves anyway.

Anytime anyone flies a single seat aircraft they are 'pioneering'...and pretty exciting stuff it is too. :D

From Post # 16, stated: "He picked the three cylinder because the torque curve is more even on the 3 cylinder than the 4... And the engine doesn't need to rev as high. These engines are based on Motorcycle engines and Yamaha has very similar engines in the " FZ " line of bikes, and anyone who has ridden a Yamaha FZ-09 ( 900cc three-cylinder ) and a FZ-01 ( 999cc four-cylinder ) will tell you the 3 cylinder is much more engaging to ride, has a smooth steady power curve and pulls hard from much lower rpm, where as the four cylinder needs alot of RPM to begin making good power."

Perhaps this is accurate, but as I recall Todd returned to Mentone 2008 and gave a good presentation on his ground-breaking YG3 conversion. He mentioned the YG4 in passing at the end of it, saying it was certainly an interesting option but gave for the reason that he chose the Vector YG3 (carbs) was its power, being much better suited to his single place Air Command. He told me privately afterward when I approached him for more info on the YG4 that he was not ready or willing to put more than 120 HP on the back of his gyro. He also said he did not trust the little Rotax C gearbox he chose for his conversion on a YG3 Nytro 135 HP, let alone a YG4 with 140-150 HP. I told him then that I would never sell YG3 kits, but that I had every intention of going after the YG4 market. He said that was fine with him, he would never sell YG4 kits. I went out and bought an RX1 sled with 2400 miles on it, but was too busy with my job as a telecom manager in Atlanta to get it installed on a gyro and Ernie beat me to the punch with his Apex.

I was instantly taken with the YG4 notion after talking with Todd that day, it seemed like the perfect choice for an 1100 lbs MTOW tandem gyro like the Air Command I had. And I took what he said about the Rotax C to heart and eventually had an opportunity to verify the bearings used in it, discovering that the front pinion bearing was not rated for the torque + speed coupled to a YG4. I tried to warn folks of this when Teal Jenkins started selling his Rotax C RX1 adapter to the gyro community c2014. But instead of it being taken as good, sound engineering advice from an intelligent, thoughtful, resourceful builder who was at the time a fairly well-known, well-liked, and well-respected fellow gyrocopter dude as a word to the wise it was met instead with a great deal of hate, harsh animosity and disrespect, and I was abused and attacked as being nothing more than a cheap huckster airing sour grapes. This unleashed years of growing revilement, and though I stand vindicated of that in light of a dozen or more Rotax C bearing failures on YG4's since, the hate, disrespect and resentment will never change.

I'm rambling. This is what gets me into so much trouble. I gotta stop before something else blows up in my face for the umpteen millionth time on here.

Last edited:
WARNING TO ALL RWF MEMBERS: Political posts do not belong here.
If anyone wishes to start to go down that path, you will be banned for a period of time for the first violation. Subsequent violations after then will result in permanent banning from this forum.

Greg Mills: You are on the knife-edge of being banned for continuously writing how forum member's political comments from a decade ago in the past have somehow affected how the public views you.

The Yamaha engine discourse in this thread has been enlightening for many. Let's keep that in mind as the subject & not deviate any further into what had been written in the past.

Dang, sorry. It got away from me Kevin, edited out. My bad. Thanks for helping me be a better person on RWF yet again. You've been a great help.
To avoid further confusion, I've undeleted Post #29 to be able to quote it (& then re-deleted it as GM had done) to show a possible change forward...

After building and flying my Air Command YG4 in 2012 and posting it on RWF, Steve Henry saw the thread and sought me out to provide him with an RX1 conversion kit for his Highlander immediately afterwards. He wanted to use his 912 props, which turned the opposite direction than the Yamaha with a conventional gearbox PSRU. I offered to provide him with exactly what I was using, but he said he would prefer a solution that used the LH props he had in the hanger and not a RH one.

I decided to design and fabricate a Hy-Vo chain drive for him to that end, and drew up plans for a suitable gyrocopter PSRU for testing it out as well as a much taller, FW tractor type that would place the prop shaft high up on the engine, allowing for a larger prop to be used on it. I asked him for some R&D money and he sent me $1500.00.

Teal Jenkins also read my RWF thread on the successful RX1 conversion and decided to buy an RX1 sled like I did, and contacted me to buy one of my gearbox adapters. After we spoke at length, he changed his mind and decided to design and mill his own device, with the intent to actually replace the crankcase PTO cover with an adapter that would mate to a Rotax C gearbox. I voiced my concerns that the gearbox would not hold up as well on the 140-145HP YG4 as it did with the 120 HP, and cautioned him against using it. He hung up abruptly.

Some time during 2014 Teal had his first adapter and C box mounted and was flying it on a trike. He got together with Steve and sold one to him. I had no idea this was taking place until after the adapter was delivered to Steve when he called up and demanded his money back. Teal posted his success on RWF and started taking adapter orders, oddly mentioning repeatedly that he was not in business for this. ???

My Hy-Vo chain drive, dubbed the MAC Silent Drive, was not ready yet, Steve wanted his seed money back, I was in deep financial trouble from a bad investment I'd made buying a business in Savannah that crapped out (fraud on the seller's part), and was unable to provide the refund at the time, having already spent far more than Steve had invested on development to that point.

The Hy-Vo chain drive was finally completed sometime in 2015 and successfully installed and tested on my YG4 Air Command. In May 2016 I rolled the gyro over on a failed take-off from a deserted sand bar off Tybee Island. The chain drive was equipped with an Artic Cat top gear complete with break-away clutch to prevent prop strike damage, and the system worked as intended. Though revved up to 90-100 HP at the time of the strike, the engine and redrive were saved from damage.

In 2017 Steve contacted me again about fabricating an Apex adapter, since his buddy Teal was not interested in spending the time and money to develop an Apex adapter in light of the numerous Rotax C gearbox failures and shortcomings he was faced with in the years following his offering of a one-piece, one gearbox RX1 adapter, on top of the announced termination of the gearbox by Rotax.

I provided Steve with my first Apex adapter in 2017, in return for what he had already paid me as seed money for the Silent Drive in 2013.

Greg's MAC Silent Drive May 2015

Someone asked me to put the Silent Drive back on the Gunslinger the other day. Maybe after Wrens...I just finished rebuilding the Arrow sprag PSRU I am using this season, and will install it tomorrow in time for testing before flying the 200 miles to Wrens and back next week in the 2012 Air Command YG4. See you there.

Nobody spent more time talking to Todd about yamaha sled conversions than I did... I am sure of it. And his rational for going with the 3 cylinder was more to do with the torque curve than anything else.

It doesn't take a smart person to look at the torque charts for the 3 and 4 cylinder engines and the rpm range to see that at least for 120-140 hp range, the 3 cylinder is the one you would want.

There may be other issues at play such as power pulses of 3 cylinders verses the smoothness of 4.... And how easy it might be to mount a gearbox to the engine itself... Along with just how easy it is to source a used sled to get the engine in the first place.

Nobody spent more time talking to Todd about yamaha sled conversions than I did... I am sure of it. And his rational for going with the 3 cylinder was more to do with the torque curve than anything else.

It doesn't take a smart person to look at the torque charts for the 3 and 4 cylinder engines and the rpm range to see that at least for 120-140 hp range, the 3 cylinder is the one you would want.

There may be other issues at play such as power pulses of 3 cylinders verses the smoothness of 4.... And how easy it might be to mount a gearbox to the engine itself... Along with just how easy it is to source a used sled to get the engine in the first place.
I completely agree. Your creation is still flying today and has taken many a person for a ride in a Dominator.

(Ron Awad - I sent you a PM the other day, not sure if you haven't seen it or you're just ignoring me. I'll ask you again: Kindly remove your comments regarding me, "little girls" and any reference to "sexual predator" in post #16, they are uncalled for, completely unnecessary, in very poor taste, have no bearing on this thread whatsoever, and they are quite inaccurate. The woman you saw me fly was in her early 40's. I asked her if it would be OK to take her photo and post it for publicity and she gave me permissions to do so before I snapped it, then posted it in the events section. Barry K asked me to remove it, he didn't care for it, and I did so w/o hesitation. The total time it was up was less than 20 minutes. I left it on my FB personal page, because - as I mentioned - I had her expressed permission to do so. The only other young adults I flew the previous day were taken up on request of their grandfather. One was a 19-yr-old young man boy, the other his 18-yr-old sister. They had driven 3-1/2 hours to get there and were really hoping for a ride. They asked Greg Spicola but he was busy with students. I hadn't flown any passengers before that since 2016, and they were my own family. Don't be an asshole, we've been getting along OK lately and still will if you remove this misleading, derogatory, inflammatory, offensive BS. Thank you in advance. let me know when it is deleted and once I see the offense removed I will delete this request paragraph entirely. Deep breath. Count to 10. Onwards and upwards...)

FYI -

Here are the dyno charts from the AMSNOW (pro race manufacturer's certification) shop for the 120 HP Vector YG3 and 140-150 HP RX1 YG4. They reported 141-142 HP for a stock RX1, plus another ~10 hp by opening up the muffler and adding a dual crossover after the 4-into-2 collectors, which is in keeping with everything we've seen on aircraft performing at the same power levels regardless of RX1 carbbed vs Apex EFI when the intake & exhaust are done properly and optimized.

At matched ERPMs, the YG3 has about 10 HP more than the YG4 at the low end up to the low 6000's RPM, at 6700-6800 RPM the YG4 takes over and continues to produce more power, with the biggest gains seen over the YG3 being in the 2000 higher revs it can turn.

I've never flown a YG4 at anything much below 6000 ERPM and been able to sustain S&L flight. My normal minimum cruise this season is 6600 - 6800 ERPM, depending on conditions; normal cruise at 7000 - 8500, sometimes when playing around I've pushed it to 9500 ERPM in S&L flight thanks to the Dragon Wings I'm flying. In the right conditions IAS matches the first two numbers of the ERPM. The original Skywheels wouldn't do IAS over 90 mph before they started resonating - which was something that got my attention for real. The Dragon Wings remain smooth and calm in the mid-90's, haven't pushed it beyond that yet.

Attachments

• 2005 Vector Evaluation highlited.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 2
  • YG3 '05 Vector 120 HP Dyno Chart.jpg
    YG3 '05 Vector 120 HP Dyno Chart.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4
  • 2003 142hp RX1_2.pdf
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
  • YG4 '03 Dyno Chart RX1 MAC 180117.jpg
    YG4 '03 Dyno Chart RX1 MAC 180117.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well guys. Mr. Greg Mills must be a special kind of person.
I just got this from him

Greg Mills. I do not know you. I have no dealings with you. I don't know your products, so I do not comment on them. I wish not to have communication with you so consider this your public notice to stop. If Teal's products have had issues, you are welcome to mention them with substantiated facts. That is your right, but you are pointing the arrow in the wrong direction. In my opinion one should stick with aircraft engines in aircraft. I got no dog in the fight and do not care. We are not at the level of knowing each other (actually I do not know you at all) where you use swear words with me. That is unprofessional so cut it out and act like an adult.

Greg Mills DM to me:

"Hi Abid
You wrote on my 10th Anniversary for Yamaha YG4's thread, "Teal Jenkins is a trike guy and a nuclear power plant machinist. He did Yamaha conversions on trikes almost 8 or 9 years ago that I know of. I think he used an adapter for Rotax C gearbox back then but now he has his own gearbox. I know a couple of people who use it, and I am an acquaintance with Teal. Everyone I know who has used Teal's stuff and dealt with him has positive things to say about him."

Well lah-dee-fucking dah, Abid.

Last month a Skytrax gearbox ate lunch, apparently the gears broke - but who knows? Teal won't address it in private or in public, because he is a _____ who hides safety concerns. The pilot went down, bought the farm, aircraft was a total loss. He is suing Teal Jenkins. He does not like Teal Jenkins at all. Nor do I. Why? Because...

...I have caught Teal Jenkins red-handed, in several cases, hiding safety concerns and issues tied to his products over the past 8 years. The first time was the fact that the Rotax C gearbox he required his customers to install on his Skytrax adapter had a front pinion shaft bearing that would not withstand the torque and RPM of a YG4. Any freshman engineering student can figure this out by just looking up the bearing ID on the mfg data sheets and doing the math. I pointed this out. Less intelligent/informed people than I (read lawn-boy morons with an 8th grade education who don't know WTF they are talking about and get all their "knowledge" from some guy flying a Subaru in Australia) ) pushed back when I published my findings, but who cares? I have been proven right by the mere fact that no less than 12 of these PSRUs have taken a shit - IN FLIGHT - since Teal started pushing them for use with his Skytrax adapter in 2014. Yet Teal has not said ONE SINGLE WORD about it in public - not any of these numerous Rotax C gearbox failures, let alone this far more disastrous crash due to his Skytrax gearbox failure.

Teal Jenkins can't blame that one on anyone else but himself.

When you are ready to announce your Silverlight 10th anniversary, I'll be sure to post how wonderful Autogyro is on that thread for your delight. Oh, wait, do you even still own Silverlight? Didn't you sell it? and are just the front man now? At one point this past season I was told that your facility in FLA had not turned out a new gyro in months...the guys were showing up to work, but there was nothing to do. Ah, well, whatever. It's none of my concern. Unlike you, I keep my fucking nose out of other folk's business unless I actually have something relevant to share - good, or bad. I do not see how Teal Jenkins has ANYTHING to do in the least with Mohawk Aero and/or Greg Mills. SO - kindly quit being a jackass, and I will try to do the same for you."

Last edited:

Teal Jenkins is about one of the only pioneers beyond Todd, only in the fact that he was the first person to bring real CNC machining to the yamaha engines and offer easy bolt on adapters to be able to easily put a Rotax gearbox on a Yamaha engine... And Teal's business continues to offer better products such as in house designed gearboxes and adapter kits for the yamaha engine.

Greg Mills is trying to do the same type of thing that Teal is doing, and I am not sure who started first flying a Yamaha or offering parts to others for yamaha's... But I do know Teal has never been anything but kind, and professional in the way he deals with customers, and how he handles communication on the forums and social media. Teal would never post something about himself in third person.

I actually would like to wish Greg good luck on his mohawk aero business, but GREG, if your reading this.... What the heck is wrong with you man?!?!?!???? Why can't you just be chill and be more like Teal? Do you think you have to come on the forum and talk yourself up to get pats on the back or drum up business? Do you think any of the postings you have made that always end up getting negative blowback actually help make you look better? Your over 60 years old, your for all intents and purposes a OLD MAN, your for sure not a child and my 11 year old child knows better about how to act and carry herself that she wouldn't do the dumb shiet you do on here. Learn how to carry yourself and stop being a crazyass and maybe with some time you can regain some level of reputation.

The one thing you did have going for yourself is although EVERYONE thought you were a lunatic online, those that have met you in person at fly-in's would all say, Gee that Greg Mills guy is actually a nice guy in person.

Yup exactly. Something not all torqued properly, or he drinks and then writes. What a strange fellow. Guy has got some problems. So many such people in aviation, it amazes me.

Last edited:
So many such people in aviation, it amazes me.
Come on Abid,
What's sane about leaving the nice safe earth in a rickety little device, with skinny little wings that don't even flap like wings should.
Give me a nice safe ornithopter any day.
I'm surprised we're as sane as we are! But to your point, there sure seems to be a bunch of us that are over, or under, torqued.
Jim

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Abid, what part of "Private Message" do you not understand? This is hilarious! Or is this simply a testament to Abid's own moral corruption? You cannot kill a zombie, duh, they're already dead. I am the zombie, Abid. You can't damage my character any more than I already have all by my lonesome. Trust me. The only person you've brought down here is Abid. And, I suspect, Teal is not going to be too happy now that you just splashed his personal problems all over the internet like this either. That's on you, Abid. YOU published this, not me. DId you even read the last line of that PM - you know, the jackass part?

"Mommie, mommie, Greggy's whispering bad things in my ear and I don't like it!"

Mommie: "Did you tell him? Or did you just come running to me with your whiney BS?"

It's worse than 3rd grade in here :poop: I'm out, enjoy your sandbox, each and every one of you. 😘

Come on Abid,
What's sane about leaving the nice safe earth in a rickety little device, with skinny little wings that don't even flap like wings should.
Give me a nice safe ornithopter any day.
I'm surprised we're as sane as we are! But to your point, there sure seems to be a bunch of us that are over, or under, torqued.
Jim

Well but they do flap you see
We may be over or under torqued for sure but Greg Mills seems cross threaded and stretched out from over torque, about to snap.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Abid, what part of "Private Message" do you not understand? This is hilarious! Or is this simply a testament to Abid's own moral corruption? You cannot kill a zombie, duh, they're already dead. I am the zombie, Abid. You can't damage my character any more than I already have all by my lonesome. Trust me. The only person you've brought down here is Abid. And, I suspect, Teal is not going to be too happy now that you just splashed his personal problems all over the internet like this either. That's on you, Abid. YOU published this, not me. DId you even read the last line of that PM - you know, the jackass part?

"Mommie, mommie, Greggy's whispering bad things in my ear and I don't like it!"

Mommie: "Did you tell him? Or did you just come running to me with your whiney BS?"

It's worse than 3rd grade in here :poop: I'm out, enjoy your sandbox, each and every one of you. 😘

Do yourself a big favor. Something you should have done a very long time ago. Get some help.
Oh I read it all. Anyone who believes all the crap you wrote, I don't want to deal with them anyway. It would be a nice filter. You seem quite obsessed. Like I said before I don't know you to the point of I could not pick you out of 4 people
Edit: Oh and SilverLight Aviation's 10th anniversary would have been Feb 2022. It was started by me originally as an engineering consulting company to help light sport airplane manufacturers and it did that for 4 years before getting into gyroplanes. If you would like to say whatever you wanted on it's 10th anniversary, please say so. May be it will help calm you down and just for your info, since you are so obsessed we sent a gyroplanes to Japan, Taiwan, now working on India as well. Also, we are working on getting out our side by side. That work is in full flow with me and 2 Embry Riddle aerospace engineering grads working on it full time.

Last edited: