Modified Raf 2000

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
I have, on behalf of the owner, a Raf 2000 for sale with all the upgrade safety modifications that I have developed for the Raf 2000.

This gyro is a modified Raf 2000 two seat gyro. It has rotor brake, pre rotator, control lock, main wheel brakes, headlight, Subaru 130 hp ej-22 engine with fuel injection, "effective" horizontal stabiliser, and the wheel track is almost 12" wider than a standard Raf. The engine redrive combination has been lowered 5". This gyro meets my personal minimum pitch stability standard.

The fuel capacity is 87 liters and the fuel burn is 21 liters per hour at 60 kts.

Urgent sale. Price approximately AUD$29,000

I will attach pics if I can, otherwise email me.

Regards, Paul.

Attachments

• Modified_Raf_2000_pc.jpg
    Modified_Raf_2000_pc.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
Re:Modified Raf 2000

Paul, why do you widen the wheel track? Do you feel it's necessary?

Re:Modified Raf 2000

G'day Chris, the wheel widening had been done prior to me having anything to do with that machine. I really could not tell any difference, but it has to be better. If you had a track of 1/4 mile you could not tip it over, so every bit must help in theory. The further that the rest of the machine has to rise to reach roll over point the more time the pilot has to fix the problem.

I don't think that it is neccessary, but I was not going to convert it back!!!!

Firebird has an almost 7' track.

Aussie Paul.