"Missfit" Flying, start yer bitchin...

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
I'm sure you know that engine and you know that machine…..so you'll not hear any bitch'in from me ;). Enjoyed all four video's….thank you Mike!

Passin' Thru

I ain't bitchen, I like it!

I'm happy to see you up and out getting the goody out of all that work. That's what it's all about! Good on ya' ! :wave:

Redbaron

Banned
Aircraft
bee
I'll have to look at em tomorrow, the missfit is such a beauty, the night is too short to take in that much beauty! :lol: I'll look tomorrow! :yo:

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
I woke up this morning with 'Earthbound Misfit' in my head. Can't get rid of the tune. Watched your video too many times.

Russ Hobbs

Aircraft
Dominator Ultra white
Total Flight Time
30 Dual time
Sorry we weren't there flying with you. Thanks for the ride.

Riff Raf

Aircraft
Air Command 503 & RAF 2000 GTX SE (with some mods.) Tierra W/ Tri-Gear
Total Flight Time
16 dual in Sparrowhawk and a few more in other Gyros, 250 in FW
Awesome! :whoo:
Just came in from an hour flight, this made my day!
Thanks
Wish I could edit my vids. like yours.

billygyro

Parsons 2 (AirHog)
Aircraft
Parsons 2 Lycoming 0320 powerd
Total Flight Time
350 F/W -82/Gyro and counting
Mike, looking good, nice machine and nice flying ! congrats on a job well done both building and flying.... look to see ya flying at bensen days.

Man I miss you guy's. cant wait for the next fly-in..

choppergabor

Aircraft
N65GK Behemoth
Total Flight Time
Too few to mention
Awesome video Mike. I can't wait to have something assembled already to tow down to Valkaria so we could buzz together that island :)

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Bensen/BMW R-1100 (under construction)
Total Flight Time
500+
I love the Sebastian video. You can get a lot of NSFW on that stretch of beach.
Was that Daveski in his FW at the Inlet?
Gabor, I will be joining you guys soon. I have the bug to build another one. We will have a good start on the east coast Morons.
Nice videos Mike. Keep'em coming.

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Great job on the videos, looks nice flying down the beach.

What camera type, and how is it mounted, on your helmet?

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Loved those Mike. Liked your choice of music, they were all very appropriate to the various phase of flight right down to cutting loose on the last one. It's been great having you describe your flights but to now be able to see them has been even better.

Nice smooth rotors with little evidence of stick shake on your little demo shot on the dawn patrol, congratulations, looks as though she is a sweet flying machine. Loved your flight down that stretch of beach in the early morning, I assumed the sun was rising, with another airborne enthusiast coming in from the left on a microlight.

Been thinking of doing a helmet mount but find it can be a little distracting with all the movement though that can be reduced with editing. Problem is one does need to keep the head swiveling to keep a good look-out. The fixed mount is OK but will only look straight ahead

Helipaddy sorted that by having two cameras mounted on his machine and then inter-playing between the two which I thought was a good idea.

Good work look forward to seeing some more.

Edypaul

Aircraft
R.F.d Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
Loved it! I cant wait to get down there and fly the Beach but I think i,m gonna bring a life vest !

GrantR

Aircraft
Kolb MarkIII and a "Jake" Gyroplane
Total Flight Time
About 85 fixed wing 3 gyro
Looks good Mike! i see you were flying IFR over the houses so you did have a way out. Glad to see some video from you! What camera are you using?

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Satellite Beach, (Sea Park),(Original 'Lums Bums'
Aircraft
The 'MISSFIT' gyro, GRAND CHAMPION, Bensen Days 2010
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Thank you fellas! My camera is a GoProHero HD, GyroRon turned me on to it. I have it mounted to my helmet with one of their mounts. The only bummer is you have to guess at your aim point, as there is no monitor. I filmed a killer flight, only to find all you could see was the stick and my sneakers. We have some choice flying areas, but you have to cross the water somewhere. Last weekend the ocean was unusually clear, and calm. I saw dozens of giant spotted stingrays, and schoolie fish. I could easily see the bottom 20 yards off the beach. There are turtle tracks every 25 feet or so on the beach. They have people who's job is to ride a four wheeler along the beach and count the nests. They don't even look up at me anymore, they are used to seeing me! I'm going to twist up another video or two soon.

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
Mike ,
how far was it from the mainland to the island? That is trusting your gyro a lot. You really have gone far since Bensen Days. Thanks for the videos. Amazing what you fly over.

GaryMac

Aircraft
Building a Genesis G1sa
Total Flight Time
Great videos.... felt like I was PIC for a while.

You should invest in some of those "inflatable suspenders" that the fishing pros wear...... just in case...