JonSu. Does this look familiar?

Attachments

• C8E51289-8A1F-41B9-AC4A-5D304FAFDCF3.jpeg
    C8E51289-8A1F-41B9-AC4A-5D304FAFDCF3.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 37
  • FA888C5B-9AE4-442D-A8B9-8CA093EB4A61.jpeg
    FA888C5B-9AE4-442D-A8B9-8CA093EB4A61.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 38
Hi Jon, have you or anyone here looked at building a monocoque side by side gyro VS welded frame/single tube gyro? How about using already existing fixed wing LSA fuselage like the RV12. It has has spar attach aft of the pilot seating and superimposed on Mishka-1(below), the mast lines up exactly with the wing spar attach points. The FWF, landing gear, avionics, seating, fuel cell location are unaltered and with a new tailcone and Mishka-1 tail feather may yield a very lightweight tricycle gear tractor gyro.
1573240259783.png

I have downloaded all the drawings! So many it made my computer tired! HaHa! JonSu you are a very talented designer. 2nd try is always better than the first, but you really made Mishka 2 look great.
I will print out all the drawings. I like your ultralite gyro, so I will try to decide which one to build.
Again, thank you!
The E Drawing answers all my questions, as is said, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Awesome Tractor Gyro!

Last edited:
How about using already existing fixed wing LSA fuselage like the RV12
Hi again!
Sorry. I did not visit forum for a long time again.
Now, I'm sitting at home like everyone else, because of quarantine from COVID.
Not even a year has passed since I wrote my messages. How fast time flies!
I carefully considered the question from kmtsk about the use of fuselage elements and systems from the RV-12 project.
RV-12 is made at a very high engineering level, like all RV projects.
Unfortunately, this aircraft has a nose wheel chassis.
I do not have accurate design drawings of the RV-12, except for photographs and descriptions from its builders from the Internet.
Therefore, I can’t tell you exactly how to redo its fuselage and fix the mast.
Excuse me.

Last edited:
Why do I think a gyroplane-tractor should have a tail wheel chassis?
I think so:
1. The force of the pulling propeller is a stabilizing factor during the take-off run. The instability of such a chassis scheme manifests itself mainly during the run during landing.
The gyroplane, unlike the plane, should not land with run. His "trick" - landing "to the point."
2. The autogyro does not need to change the fuselage angle during take-off, like an airplane, because the angle of attack of the rotor disk does not depend on this.
You can also make a larger angle of removal for the struts of the main chassis, in contrast to the aircraft.
This will allow you not to be afraid of "tipping over".
In this case, the gyroplane will take off from three wheels at once.
3. If the gyroplane will take off from three wheels at once, the propeller can be as large as possible.
It is not limited to the top by tilting the rotor disk and changing the fuselage pitch on the take-off run from below.
4. The three-wheeled scheme with one wheel located at the rear is more stable than the three-wheeled scheme with one wheel located at the front, this was further understood by the designers of three-wheeled vehicles.
5. The location of the fuselage in the parking lot at an angle to the horizon reduces the height of the cockpit threshold, which simplifies the landing of the crew.
You do not need a “landing step", which is an accessory of gyros with a high profile.
Brit_Cierva_C30_p.gif
I made such conclusions when I thought about the chassis designs of Sierva S-30 gyroplanes and other gyroplanes of that time.

Further development of the "MISHKA" gyroplane line, I see how - "MISHKA-3".
The slogan is "Safety, Comfort, Reliability & Attractiveness".АЖ САТ07.JPG

Let me remind you the benefits of the gyroplane of this aerodynamic scheme:
• lack of a tendency to “unload the rotor” and somersault, due to the presence of a stabilizer of the required size;
• stability and controllability over the entire speed range, thanks to a streamlined tail unit;
• a closed heated crew cabin with good visibility, located in the center of mass, does not spoil the aerodynamics and creates comfortable working conditions for pilots;
• the engine with a pulling screw is perfectly cooled even at low flight speeds;
• The large-diameter pulling propeller is not shaded and works with high efficiency.
Its fuselage has rectilinear shapes and can be made of sheet metal, like "CH" or "RV" aircraft.
It can be produced in the form of kits for self-assembly.

This is certainly not new. ;)
But! I suggest introducing a little aesthetics and design into this concept of gyroplanes.

1.jpg

Some design features "MISHKA-3":
Empty weight - 300 kg
Max. Take-off weight - 560 kg
Weight of useful heat. - 260 kg
Crew - 2 people.
Fuel tank volume - 80 l
Maximum speed - 180 km / h
Cruising speed - 140 km / h
Ceiling - 3500 m
Take-off run - 50 ... 80 m
Run on landing - 0 ... 15 m
Rate of climb - 5.0 m / s
Flight Time - 4.0 h
Range - 500 km
The load on the floor area - 10.0 kg / m2
Power ratio - 5.0 kg / hp.
Engine Type - Rotax 912ULS / 914
Engine power - 100/115 hp
Propeller Diameter - 1.8 m
Length - 5.0 m
Width - 2.2 m
Height - 3.1 m
Rotor Type - AVERSO (France)
The diameter of the rotor - 8.6 m
Rotor swept area - 58.0 m2
Main rotor pre-spin type - Mechanical.

4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

This is only a conceptual project.
And this is my present. Like my two previous projects.
I will not have claims to those who want to realize his or his decisions.

АЖ САТ04.JPG

Yours faithfully,
Eugenii Sutormin.
Moscow. Russia.

Attachments

• Mishka-3.pdf
    316.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 3D_Mishka-3.PDF
    160.3 KB · Views: 36
Has anyone designed a forward stick limiter associated with the mains (taildragger)? Push-Pull cable attached to main landing gear?
Cammed wheel to limit stick travel?
Spring tension beyond normal flight inputs? I have never touched a Gyro taildragger so this maybe irrevelant.

Last edited: