Mini-500 Support Thread

We don't say"rednecks" we say..."renecks" in this neck of the woods! :wacko::wacko:

Jon, Rick is a true Redneck, as so am I. The moreflex is a tractor part.. If Brian puts two on his, That will make him a double Redneck.

Been a "double rennek" for years! My Brantly had TWO ever since 1963 :)

Brantly used "off-the-shelf" Morflex 202's. They did a receiving inspections including x-ray on them to insure there was no cracks or defects, and then they engraved serial numbers on them with a vibro-etcher and stamped the "shop order # on them."

Their life limit was 3,250 flight hours.

I ordered (2) 302's from Phil's and they sent me goldish yellow CAD plated Chinese knockoffs :( I got the genuine Morflexes from Emerson/Kopco/Morse through http://www.applied.com/

Last edited:
Brantly used "off-the-shelf" Morflex 202's. They did a receiving inspections including x-ray on them to insure there was no cracks or defects, and then they engraved serial numbers on them with a vibro-etcher and stamped the "shop order # on them."

Their life limit was 3,250 flight hours.

I ordered (2) 302's from Phil's and they sent me goldish yellow CAD plated Chinese knockoffs :( I got the genuine Morflexes from Emerson/Kopco/Morse through http://www.applied.com/

Brian,
I have that Chinese knock off in mine and have had no troubles at all. Thanks for the link to good old American made products, and we will update once more. I have never searched for anything other than Phil’s Tractor supply. Found something that worked and tested and tested. I wish the rain would stop I really need a flying fix.

Looking for Mini 500 cyclic/collective control unit. Only complete lower assembly below 3 control rods required or perhaps scale drawings of components?

I can probably measure mine for you and whip up a simple fabrication drawing.

The main assembly is thin wall ChroMo Tubing and ChroMo plate. A few parts of the assembly need to be water-jet cut from the plate and then assembled along with the tubing items BY A VERY COMPETENT TIG WELDING OPERATOR.

Then Stress-relieved by heating the welded areas to dark cherry red and allow to cool to room temperature at natural speed.

Finally it gets sent out for ELECTROLESS NICKEL PLATING (Not Chromed).

Dennis Fetters is on this forum and he MAY be willing to email or post the drawing(s).

There's actually several parts you will probably need in addition to the welded assy. mentioned above.

My guess is...to get the materials and have this fabricated will cost between $600-$800 .

There's an aluminum throttle twist tube extension.
There's a steel mass weight that goes inside the aluminum tube
There's a steel twist tube and bellcrank.
There's a throttle friction assembly with a bolt, washers, o-rings, and phenolic block
There's a welded and plated correlator/mixer assembly and associated rod-ends
There's a foam twist grip
There's a plastic end-plug

Hi Bryan, many thanks for the info. I purchased #034 from Dennis about 1990, assembled and flew it in N/Z. I sold it in 2011 along with all spares and doc's, including a spare control system which I now require, dam it!!
Hi to Dennis also, it sure has been a long time between drinks, so to speak.
If Dennis happens to read this post I would certainly appreciate if he can offer any additional information.

Hi Bryan, many thanks for the info. I purchased #034 from Dennis about 1990, assembled and flew it in N/Z. I sold it in 2011 along with all spares and doc's, including a spare control system which I now require, dam it!!
Hi to Dennis also, it sure has been a long time between drinks, so to speak.
If Dennis happens to read this post I would certainly appreciate if he can offer any additional information.

Hello Colin, sure has been a few years!

My email is [email protected]

Let me know what you are needing the prints for and I'll see if it's something I can help you with. Digging up old RHCI prints is not an easy order for that many parts, but lets talk about it.

Looking for Mini 500 cyclic/collective control unit. Only complete lower assembly below 3 control rods required or perhaps scale drawings of components?

Colin, call me tomorrow, I'll PM the number. Depending on how deep you want to go into the "complete lower assembly", I'll have most of the stuff you would want here in Hervey Bay. If there are items that you need that I may not have, we can slap them together at work, using my components as templates, and other collective brains found all over the world.......

Cheers,

Francois