MILLS GREGORY Air Commander N962GT

I just read this thread from start to finish. I was very interesting to say the least. I seem to agree with a lot that was said on both sides.
I am glad that Greg is alright and that his Gyro can be repaired. I would not say anything negative about someone who makes a mistake and has a rollover as I know how it feels.
Three years ago I made a mistake and rolled over my Air Command. Since it was an ultrlight I did not have to report it, but since I thought that reporting how and why it happened on the forum, it might help someone else from having the same mishap in the future.
I reported it on here and most members were very supportive. Only one member who read it got on here and busted me good and called me all kinds of stupid and an idiot, maybe and asswhole or two and just really let me have it.
Guess who that was. (Greg Mills)
It hurts a little when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?
Sure glad I handled it with a little more grace.

What I wrote on your crash thread was spot on. I said on there I wouldn't apologize for saying you were an idiot and I stand by it to this day. I called it tough love, and that's who I am. I love you for being a gyro brother, and when you do something that endangers your life because of your inexperience I will tell you what I think and make no apologies. That's who I am. I also went on to tell you that; and that I meant no malice by calling you an idiot, but that rather I wanted to slap your neophyte ass around and get your attention and say what I thought without sugar coating it like everyone else. Cuz I am not everyone else. I don't ever want to be everyone else. I couldn't stand to be Vance, or Stan, or Ron, etc. I am who I am. I offend. I pull no punches. ANd when it comes my turn I can take whatever you got to dish out.

But when ghouls and trolls like Steve_UK post outrageous lies and back them up with BS photos, claiming I intentionally landed into to crowd sunbathing luxuriously on public beach, I get livid.

And when the morons who supposed moderate this scum sit by and allow it to go on and then further continue with a character assassination of me by calling into the thread other tidbits of totally unrelated garbage by which to support their BS, I get sick and wretch my guts out.

And when folks are told over and over and over again why so much of this garbage on this thread is wrong and they continually refuse to acknowledge it, I shake my head ruefully.

But what the hell does any of my calling you an idiot have to do with the originator of this thread publishing outright lies and misleading the public in a mass attack on me that is uncalled for and unreasonable?

Because you want your revenge. Because you got upset that I called you an idiot for making a terrible series of choices that led to your demise.

It doesn't make it right, what I called you. But it wasn't called out of spite, hate, revenge. It was called out of concern for your future and your safety and your thought processes going forward.

You had apparently slowed down to 40mph, 30 feet off the deck, and turned downwind and had no clue what to do at any time during the entire maneuver from entry to bad ending. So why did you do it in the first place? You did it because you were an idiot, and I pointed that out. THen I went on to soften the blow, spent a LOT of time crafting a complete response that was accepting, forgiving, and full of genuine concern for your future as a gyro pilot honing his skills.

None of that is similarly apparent to me here in your revenge now for me calling you out on your failed newbyisms.

This rollover here is a case of a well-inspected area, walked previously on numerous occasions. The approach was practiced carefully and methodically. The landing was fine. What happened to me after that had nothing to do with a lapse in judgement, although that's what the author of this thread has wanted everyone to think from day one, with no consideration in the least for the truth from the horse's mouth nor any indication of regret for his lies.

The fact that I was flying on an expired registration was an honest mistake, not an intentional action, and for Ron Awad to exclaim to one and all that I had "no business flying" is, frankly, none of his business and he needs to understand that. And he needs to quit with the character assassinations against me which he has been fomenting and hate-mongering now for well over a year. I never did anything to Ron, he admitted that, and yet here is is, yet again, blowing stuff up and making judgments he has no business making.

SO what about YOUR aircraft, sir? You claimed it was part 103. Bull. There ain't no part 103 Air Commands, period. Did I call you out on THAT? Hell no. Did anyone else point it out? Hell no. Why? Because we USED to have some unwritten codes around here that Steve_UK decided to toss aside - this asshole who doesn't even frikkin fly, mind you, let alone fly gyrocopters.

And you pussies want to whine and boo hoo because I am tough and I talk like gutter trash? Tuff $#!t, it's who I am, it's where I grew up, and I ain't changin for you nor no other ***** muthas bar none.

What a bunch a girls. (Pardon the expression, true ladies...I mean it as a rotten wrong-side-of-the-tracks slur, not a a gender thing. Please don't take offense.)

You wanna call me an idiot? OK, fine. I am an idiot.

You wanna shore up the scum here and support the lies and the attacks which once used to be "thou shall not speak of it" in deference to the good of the brother/sisterhood?

Whatever.

This is truly a sad day. What has happened on this thread has never happened before. What has been said on here has been unusual, it has gone far beyond what has ever been tolerated previously, and thus has claimed its own brand of "justice" in order to thinly veil hate, revenge, hate, political assassination and certain envy.

You wanna call me out? Fine. Call me out. But don't use lies, slander, and injustice. Do it with respect. Do it with righteousness, and do it with honor.

Some of what has happened here bears no honor - none at all.

A man can call his brother an idiot, but if that man carries that with him for years and uses it as cause to retaliate for unjust causes, then that man is nothing. Not even a mouse. He is no man ata ll.

If a man calls me an idiot out of respect and love and a deep desire to protect me from myself, then he is a man. He stands face-to-face with me, shoulder to shoulder. He is truly a man. And I will love, protect, and honor him to the death.

Here's an example: A CFI turned me in to the FAA once. I got mad at him. We had a falling out. But I alwasy respected him because he did it not out of malice, but out of a sense of duty and honor. He was mistaken, and he told me so later. I will do anything for that man, anything at all. I hold no grudge, and he is truly my brother.

If I fight with a man, no matter who is wrong or who is right, in the end I will always offer my hand out to him later in help. For when the sun rises, it is a new day and all in the past is forgiven and we can move into the future with a sense of unity and strength that was not there the day before.

For too many of you are full of hate, full of yesterday's fears and perceived misdeeds. You will carry them to your graves.

I will go unburdened, for I begin each day anew.

I am not sorry for who I am, it is only me. I will speak my mind utterly and unbridled, and I will swear and curse when I am angry.

Someone says here I should not fly because I am an angry man. That is nonsense. I fly to release my spirit, seeking freedom and beauty and power. Why would anger ever be a part of flying? IF I get angry and lash out here against the liars and the haters, how does that have any bearing at all on my ability to command my aircraft? Far be it from the truth! IT REDUCES my anger, not increases it.

What was the FIRST thing I did the following weekend after my nose wheel unexpectedly and in an unforeseeable manner got stuck in the ground and caused my gyrocopter to roll onto its side?

I got into a type gyrocopter I had never flown before, and totally different machine. I had never flown a side-by-side gyrocopter, ever. So I went up PIC in a RAF 2000, in 20-25 MPHwinds, no less.

And you want to tell me I shouldn't fly because I am an angry man?

Well, hell yes I got angry on here. I had every right to get angry, and I will probably get angry and someone on the RF again in the future.

I will make more enemies. I will make more friends. I will forgive more wrongs. More people will hold onto my wrongs and turn them against me the very next opportunity they can jump on the LET'S KILL GREG bandwagon.

BUt I am not going to stop flying, just because you seem to think I am an angry man when I am speaking out against the serious slander and libel such as that which I have suffered here yet again.

So, since Greg called you an idiot, that gives you the right to back and support lies and hate and slander?

Man, you idiots really don't get it. You never will.

God help you.

The picture I see shows an area I could walk from the beach near the town out to the sand bar and the site of the minor rollover.

The information I can find suggests there is a four foot tide where the picture was taken and I don’t know what level the tide was when the Google picture was taken.

Steve was speculating as to the location based on information he quoted. I don’t know why anyone thinks it is important he was wrong. The way I read his words he did not state it as fact.

According to Greg it was a minor rollover on takeoff rather than a landing mishap. Should we condemn the people who have referred to it as a landing accident?

It appears to me Greg’s drama is communicable.

Please just let the thread die.

No one is likely to change their minds with pretend logic and mind reading.

Steve did not post that as an opinion or speculation.

He did whatever he could to make it appear as the truth, when in fact he had no idea what the truth was.

Next,

You were right about me taking your mention of the expired registration as an attack, and reacting as such. Do you blame me?

I also wrote you a PM and told you thanks for bringing it up, it was an honest mistake I didn't even realize until you wrote about it.

-------------------------------------------------

Some here have a personal agenda born out of a grudge, reason for secretly or openly hoping to see me burn and reveling in my misfortune for rolling over my gyro last month.

I am not surprised, I am not shocked.

May God save you.

And many, many thanks to all who have spoken out against the astonishingly poor taste and poor judgement and terrible things that have been posted on here.

I do have friends.

Not as many as some, but certainly more than others. And even amongst those who do not wish to be seen as aligning themselves with me, there are even more folks who have recognized what is wrong here and have spoken out against it regardless - or even in spite of - their other feelings for and about me.

Those are men and women who are true and strong and steadfast, and people whom anyone can trust and call brother and sister. Those are men and women deserving of love, respect, and honor.

I give each and every one of them, along with my friends, my deepest respect, brotherly love, and honor them for their intelligent choices.

After all, what is a man or woman who agrees with everything I say and stand for?

Boring.

It's my birthday today. Tomorrow I must drive 10 hours to Memphis to attend my brother's memorial service, er, party, then turn around and drive ten hours back to Savannah. Why am I driving 20 hours to attend a beer-bash funeral service? Because I can't afford a plane ticket.

In just the past handful of years I have gone through hell. First, it all started when I woke up to find my step-daughter convulsing and going into an 8-day coma. She remained in the ICU for more than 6 weeks, and was in recovery for a month after that. Then I lost my 6-figure management job with a big telecom because the new owner discovered she was about to undergo a kidney transplant. Yep, that's right. They demanded on Friday June 29 that I suddenly reschedule my vacation which had been on the previous owner's books for a year. When they pressed me for a good reason why I shouldn't postpone the vacation - to care for my recovering wife, the donor, and my daughter, the recipient, for an operation that had been in the planning and preparation process for a year, I relented and told them about the transplant - something the previous owner was well aware of and had no problems with. As I was walking out hte front door at 8:00 am the following Monday, I was presented with a FedEX envelope containing my pink slip. THe operation took place on THursday, July 5.

Nice people.

Next, my dad died of an aneurism, and I hadn't been up to Michigan to see him for a LONG time because I was afraid to spend the money to travel since I had no income.

A month after that I signed a purchase agreement to buy a cleaning company that grossed $500,000/yr, with a profit margin of easily 20-25%. Two weeks after I signed, a company employee broke into the largest client's ($19k/mo billing every month for the past 10 years) medicine storage and stole a grocery bag full of pain killers, boogied out of town and was never heard from again. The seller failed to disclose this prior to closing.

Six weeks before closing, the second largest client ($5.5k / mo) got mad at the seller and terminated their contract due to poor management. The seller failed to disclose this prior to closing.

Two weeks prior to closing, another employee, working again for the largest client, was caught on video camera reading a doctor's scheduler and discussing her enemy's upcoming operation with her cohort on her cell phone - a blatant HIPAA violation which carries with it a potential $25k federal fine. Take a guess: Did the seller disclose this?

The contract specifically states he must have disclosed all of the above, but he did not.

Not surprisingly, the client took a hike just a few weeks after I closed on the purchase, and that's when I finally found out about the drug theft and HIPAA violation.

For 14 months prior to closing the company reaped an average of $41k/mo, but after these two clients bailed it was making just 17k/mo.

It didn't end there. Savannah is a very small town. The reputation was ruined. Valuable employees had to be let go, and that resulted in further customer erosion. The company is struggling to make 1/10 of what is started out making.

A lawsuit for fraud and several other civil counts was filed January 2015, and costs $5k/mo to support legal costs and lawyers. Even if I win, it will continue to cost that much to try to collect the damages.

A few weeks after the main client terminated, my mom was pinned under her own car, and eventually succumbed to burns and died after spending 6 weeks in the U of M ICU burn unit.

I got to pull plug. Imagine that.

I didn't always used to be this angry, but I did make a number of enemies before this tailspin started from my outspoken political views and postings on RF.

During the period when I was buying the cleaning company, I was also in the early stages of developing Yamaha accessories and installation kits for the YG4. The disasters in my personal and cleaning business life destroyed my capability to follow through with my plans to market the YG4 products, even though the very reason I bought the cleaning business in the first place was so that it would support me while I got the fledgling Yamaha business off the ground.

When my brother died in his home in Thailand this past March, I lost a chunk of my soul that I can't seem to find again. I never expected this, I never saw this coming - even though he has been dying for the past ten years.

I am strong. I shall not falter. I will go on.

When I was flying the Wicked, I was free.

The last thing I ever wanted to do was make a foolish choice and end up destroying my beloved machine. So I never made foolish choices. Ever. I took every reasonable precaution to ensure that what I did was a safe bet.

But sometime even safe bets are lost.

I lost this one.

I had never attempted a beach landing or take-off before. I am constantly flying over this type of terrain living here in Savannah, and it was something I really felt I needed to do - in order to ensure the safety of myself and my passengers at all times, no matter what.

You assholes want to gang bang me for my ADM choices, for my cussin and fightin spirit, for my failures in other endeavors, and drag your *****-whipped baggage from me calling ya'll out in previous mishaps, then have at it.

I ain't who I used to be, and I have been on a test by the Almighty now for a good number of years and I am steadfast in my loyalty to Him and I will not forsake him no matter what the devil throws at me.

I am a man.

I like to go fast, faster, and then push it farther. I like to talk about it. I like to find out what is going on, what is going wrong, and what can be done to make things as safe as possible for me and everyone else.

But if even one of you can in good conscience and stand up for the lies and the hate that is permeating this thread, then God save your wicked soul.

For you are not a man, you are less than a man.

And if you are less than a man then I will not stand with you, or for you, or respect you in any way.

I forgot about my bankruptcy, and treated my sweet wife and daughter to one of our favorite meals last week: Chinese Buffet.

My fortune cookie said something like this, "Don't stop. It is when a man stops that something is just about to happen."

My wife just accepted a Chemistry PhD fellowship at University of South Carolina. I have a BS in Chemistry from the University of Michigan, and she wants me to apply for for my PhD there, too. I don't know. I'm 62 today. And I'm bankrupt. The gyrocopter I was flying, in preparation to list it for sale so I could pay off the debt to my lawyer so I can proceed with the suing the ultimate asshole in the universe, is broken and I won't have it fixed for a good while yet. Besides, where am I ever going to come up with the money for the rotor and the prop?

I have no idea where I am going to come up with the money to move to Columbia next month, but I am going to do it no matter what.

I dont' know if I'll ever get the courage to apply for my PhD. I have so much to take care of first, it just doesn't seem reasonable anymore.

I quit smoking 30 years ago, but since my brother died I've gone through 4 packs of Camels. THat's not too bad, and I haven't had a smoke in many days, and dont' even miss it, so I am not one that is hooked on nicotene. I just enjoy it sometimes.

I dont' know how I am ever going to mange twenty hours of driving alone this weekend, my wife can't go because she must work scrubbing toilets for our faililng cleaning company in order to put bread and butter on our plates.

IF you bastards who hate me so much have even one shred of humanity about you left in your hearts, I thik it would be nice to share it with me for once in your life, right now.

I am not just broken, I am not just down, I am going through years of trial and tribulation the likes of which I have never known beofer. My soul is being literlly ripped from its heart, and I have so little of myslef left to give anymore, to anyone, for any reason.

I want to believe in you.

I want you to believe in me.

I will not fall.

I may stumble, but by God I wil get up and keep going until I have no breath and no pulse.

And that's who I am.

And that's why I landed on that God-forsaken beach.

And that's the rest of the story.

Just a couple of brief thumbnail sketches of what went wrong then?

Helpful.

The nose gear is raked forward and the geometry makes the steering unstable.

Figure one is the original, stock, factory design. The intersection of the turning axis and the wheel axle is in the wrong place. It makes the nose wheel's natural resting position actually flop left or right. When adding turning pedal pressure, if the tire is on very hard surfaces such as firm turf or pavement, things will run along OK. But once the tire is on softer, more yielding substance such as wet, compacted sand which otherwise easily supports 60 PSI, the buildup of the substrate above the outside circumference actually causes the tire to pull into any direction turned away from straight ahead.

The first solution is drawing 2, a properly designed raked geometry which is found in all other typical front wheel configurations on all manner of bikes, pedal or motored.

The second solution is drawing 3, which follows more of a typical tricycle aircraft nose gear design, while still utilizing the OEM raked attachment for ease of upgrading the faulty Air Command design to the safer and much more suitable castering set up. You can't go wrong with this one, although the drawing 2 solution should be just fine and will not change the height of the front of the aircraft as will this one.

Attachments

• AC Nose Wheel 1.jpg
    AC Nose Wheel 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AC Nose Wheel 2.jpg
    AC Nose Wheel 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AC Nose Wheel 3.jpg
    AC Nose Wheel 3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
Alas, in the land of Hunter, where the Mohawk soared with the Chinook, the Kiowa and the Blackhawk, their tailing, pirouetting games shall be no more.

All friendly local Army helicopter pilots have expressed their sadness after seeing the news of their broken little brother on the sands of Pelican Island.

The Chinook airman who lives in the house attached to my hangar met me as I trailered the broken "Wicked" back to its home, and we agonized over the sweet gyrocopter that can fly not for now and the immediate future.

I will be moved away before it flies again, and it will be far away from Savannah when it does.

I'll never forget flying alongside those revered helicopters, and the mighty B-17.

Savannah, you hold great and wondrous memories for this old man, and if I go from this planet tomorrow I will be more than ready with a life full and a head held high.

Greg, I have never much cared for you.
I don't like your choices regarding safety or your ADM's as a pilot in command.
Also, I wouldn't piss on Steve UK if he was hit with a W.P. Grenade at close range.

However, after reading your post above I have two things to say to you.
1. No man should have to endure those kinds of troubles and be expected to keep a stiff upper lip. the fact that you plug along and don't fall into despair is of great credit/service to you. Keep your wife on a pedestal it seems the strength of a good woman is all you have to count on now and you are truly lucky to have her.
2. when things look bleakest, remember Water, Food and Shelter....repeat it to yourself every morning when you wake. No matter where you are in life, take care of those three things by any means necessary and eventually, everything else will work themselves out.

I hope you are able to find some brief respite from your troubles and can start to rebuild. Your Life, Your Finances then your Rig.

As an aside, if you believe in Karma and stuff like that, go down to the local V.A. and volunteer, it will do wonders for your soul.

Good luck.

Excelsior......

The nose gear is raked forward and the geometry makes the steering unstable.

Figure one is the original, stock, factory design. The intersection of the turning axis and the wheel axle is in the wrong place. It makes the nose wheel's natural resting position actually flop left or right. When adding turning pedal pressure, if the tire is on very hard surfaces such as firm turf or pavement, things will run along OK. But once the tire is on softer, more yielding substance such as wet, compacted sand which otherwise easily supports 60 PSI, the buildup of the substrate above the outside circumference actually causes the tire to pull into any direction turned away from straight ahead.

The first solution is drawing 2, a properly designed raked geometry which is found in all other typical front wheel configurations on all manner of bikes, pedal or motored.

The second solution is drawing 3, which follows more of a typical tricycle aircraft nose gear design, while still utilizing the OEM raked attachment for ease of upgrading the faulty Air Command design to the safer and much more suitable castering set up. You can't go wrong with this one, although the drawing 2 solution should be just fine and will not change the height of the front of the aircraft as will this one.

In my opinion number two is worse than number one in soft sand.

The picture I see shows an area I could walk from the beach near the town out to the sand bar and the site of the minor rollover.

The information I can find suggests there is a four foot tide where the picture was taken and I don’t know what level the tide was when the Google picture was taken.

Steve was speculating as to the location based on information he quoted. I don’t know why anyone thinks it is important he was wrong. The way I read his words he did not state it as fact.

According to Greg it was a minor rollover on takeoff rather than a landing mishap. Should we condemn the people who have referred to it as a landing accident?

It appears to me Greg’s drama is communicable.

Please just let the thread die.

No one is likely to change their minds with pretend logic and mind reading.

Just to clear things up a bit on: The tides here are quite often over 8 feet, a 6foot is a pretty low roll-in.

It might be of interest for you to know that during very low tides and periods when the sand builds up substantially between Tybee and Pelican, beach combers in fact do just what you mention, which is walk from the main beach over to the sand bar affectionately referred to by the locals as "Pelican Island". I mentioned that I have done so on many occasions, and that is how I familiarized myself with the entire length of the island to determine dangers and firmness of the wet sand before trying something which I have reason to believe has never been attempted by a gyrocopter before: a beach touch and go.

It was not my intention to do a long-roll take off, especially for the first attempt.

There have been innumerable instances where people have walked over to Pelican, the tide came in and they got stranded out there - even over night!

Walking over there during this particular instance was not possible for a couple of reasons. One, the tide was at midpoint, on its way out, not coming in, and (two) the recent currents had eroded the seabed and dropped the depth too deep for even a low-tide pedestrian crossing.

I want to make it absolutely crystal clear that the place was empty when when I was playing around out there, with only a handful of boaters on the opposite side, and a thousand feet or more away from the place I picked out to attempt the S&G.

Now, if any of you ever want to ask me question, instead of all this idiotic speculation and misinformation, lying BS and total crap slinging, you all know perfectly well and good that my GD Mohawk Aero Craft email and website info is on every single signature on every single post I have on this bloody forum.

So now it's my turn: What gives anyone the right to assume they know more about this incident than I do?

What gives anyone the right to bypass contacting me directly and straight off, first, for the REAL information, and instead run around behind my back and dig up all kinds of fantastic, loaded, complete BS and then post it up here as if it were God's gospel truth without talking to me first before going about their hateful ghoulish business?

And what gives anyone the right to stand up for this monster, and defend him publicly on here, after all his damaging lies have been posted, proven totally wrong, and no retractions ever given, and certainly no public nor private apologies made to me, the damaged and intended target of their dispicable attacks?

No capitulation by anyone who has defended this jackoff that I can see.

Ron Awad, Vance, you two are in my sights on this. Ron being the absolute worst offender.

I'm no angel. The choice to attempt something new and possibly not making it work was mine, and I am living with the consequences. It should have worked, and would have with the right equipment.

And I am going to try it again just as soon as I am able.

And my gyro is fixed.

And the darn paperwork is right.

But the incessant scurring of the rats behind my back trying to dig up dirt on me like this is unforgivable, and the BS of anyone saying I wasnt' being up front and forthcoming and that is why they did it is total BS. Because looky down there, moron: It's my frikkin email address. All you, or ANYONE ever had to do was write to me directly and ask me.

But you're too chicken, and you are no kind of a man at all. You are afraid to confront me or discuss with me anything you wish to know directly. You prefer to work in the shadows, and post your lies and for those others your support of the liars like scum.

Vance asks the question, "Should we condemn the people who referred to it as a landing accident?"

Well I, for one, say yes, with a resounding voice and no hesitation. Because that is a lie, it is not from the source or the horse's mouth, and it instigates all kinds of misconceptions and further wrongful speculation - such as saying I landed in on a crowded beach with a bunch of sunbathers laying around luxuriating in the afternoon sun, half asleep and unaware of the dangerous chopper blades about to mince their naked bodies into bloody bits and pieces like some Jaws episode 5.

ANY falsification of ANY of the FACTS must be condemned by the forum, the forum moderators, the rest of the pilots and builders and owners, and any person with a half of a conscience and a pumping heart.

There is no room for any such vicious lying, and indecent speculation, there is no excuse in the least for ANY of it.

And if it takes me screaming at the top of my typing and cussing with every nasty obscenity to shake up you up out of your seat and realize that, to get your attention to acknowledge the heinous nature of this type of insanity, then so be it.

Once again, I sincerely thank each and every one of you who have realized this, and have spoken out against this injustice whther you like me or not, and not allowed it to be swept under the rug with yesterday's trash put out to the curb.

I have yet to see one single solitary apology in any way, shape or form from the people who wrote this garbage, who incited my wrath, who ignored the path to my door to speak to me directly, who chose instead to manufacture whatever gossip and misleading BS they could conjur up, and then especially those who supported them in the name of revenge and hate for me for some perceived past thing I said about this or that or whatever.

What we have here, is a failure to communicate...and now I'll go eat 29 hard-boiled eggs.

Go to hell, Ron Awad. I dont' give a rat's ass if you like me or not. I started unliking you the first time you printed in huge, bold letters that I was an asshole for something that was of absolutely no concern of yours whatsoever, you admitted I had never done anything to you in the least, you had absolutely no first-hand knowledge of the facts and circumstances from my end of the argument, and you had already made up your mind about what the truth was based on everyone's account of events except the one that counted: Mine.

Any idiot knows that there are two sides to every story, and that quite often the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

You proclaimed the truth without first finding out what both sides of the story were, and you have gone and done it for the umpteenth time yet again here.

You are no man, no man whatsoever.

You are lower than a mouse.

You are the worst kind of individual that can possibly exist, and I long ago came to the conclusion that you were no friend of mine and never would be.

Because you never once contacted me about any of this affair before passing your sweeping judgements, in spite of the fact that I tried to contact the moderators on here and voice my concerns and objections - which are completely legitimate in every respect.

So go to hell.

And thanks, to all of you, for going on my happy birthday thread that Vance was so kind to post, and expressing your wishes for me to enjoy this day to its fullest, and find a way to make it through another year.

You're a good man Vance, even if we aren't bosom buddies. You are a man, and you have my respect.

Steve_UK, I see you have made a BUNCH of new enemies with this thread and your posts. Even some of the SkyWolverines became outraged. And if you got any of them on my side of ANY argument, buddy, you really have stepped in it, believe me.

Your inability to own your mistakes and apologize to me speaks volumes to your spineless, gutless noodlehood.

You are hereby crowned King of the Noodles, and Ron Awad your court jester.

I think I'm all done on this one.

Wonder what the next episode of "As the Gerg Turns" will hold for us?

I sure do seem to attract a lot of attention, everywhere I go - be it good or bad.

Nothing new to me, I got chased by three girsl in KINDERGARTEN, held down and kissed until I kissed em back. Can't say my life has been ALL bad, folks! Just since about late 2010.

I really appreciate your words of encouragement, guys. It means a hell of a lot to me, right now, and few on here could use it more than I could right now.

Bless you, bless you all.

Out.

In my opinion number two is worse than number one in soft sand.

Absolutely, no argument. It is the right design, by all means.

This thread is in the Pilot Technique/Accident sub forum.

The stats on this Forum show there are over 1,000 threads in this sub forum.

Over 1,000 concerns/near misses/incidents/accidents discussed here but none went nuclear quiet like this one.

Each day the FAA publishes publically its AVIATION SAFETY INFORMATION ANALYSIS AND SHARING (ASIAS) SYSTEM. This is a one line listing of recent incidents and accidents.

They publish this publically for people to read and learn.

Each day the NTSB update its "NTSB aviation accident database are updated daily on the web, and available here sorted by accident date." THis is published publically for people to read and learn.

Each day the FAA updates its aircraft register - This is published publically for people to read and learn.

Deja Vous - I maintain production databases for many types of aircraft including some gyrocopters. Which companies are building and delivering, how many built over time and where they operate in the World. The birth of a gyro. I also record accident data, some get repaired and fly again, others are written off.

The FAA and NTSB data show the registration and type - a look on the public FAA register by registration number shows more data. For this particular gyro it had a red ink entry for Status, being shown as Expired. It's still there in red right now.

This is a fact.

The current NTSB report for this accident is as follows, it tells us little

14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Saturday, May 07, 2016 in Savannah, GA
Aircraft: MILLS GREGORY T AIR COMMANDER LRT, registration: N962GT

NTSB investigators will use data provided by various entities, including, but not limited to, the Federal Aviation Administration and/or the operator, and will not travel in support of this investigation to prepare this aircraft accident report.

Early on in this thread Greg posted some insight but this was soon withdrawn and removed. This makes it hard to follow subsequent postings as some refer to material that has removed.

I was sent several links by members local to this incident - one to a local TV news report that features one still image of the gyrocopter on a beach with people. The report also features a phone interview with an eyewitness. A link to this is earlier on in the thread.

Others to reports from the local emergencey services who turned out ( well done guys ) in repsonse to calls from the public - a photo shows two ambulances by the beach and the comment ""Tybee first responders tell me about an hour ago they responded to what they thought was a helicopter crash.

As it turned out, when they arrived, witnesses told them a man landed a gyrocopter on the sandbar off 19th Street, then got into a boat and left.""

This gave some location details.

The good news is that pilot Greg was ok - have a look at the very first posting in this thread where I said

"Hopefully Greg is OK and can tell us more."

In the words of Ice Cube.... You better check yo self, before you Wreck yo self...

Your on a edge of being Banned Mister Greg. Tired of the name calling. Consider yourself Warned...

As the Rotor Turns.........
Stay tuned for scenes from next weeks show!

I promised myself upon posting my last response here that I would take a LONG, long, VERY long sabbatical from RWF. I am not sure I will read the posts put up here since I last posted, not sure I have the stomach for what may lie there.

But I have something to say here today that is 100% positive, and I wanted to post it up - not on a totally new thread, but on this one which has taken so many wrong turns.

I scurried to my PO box just now to collect any customer checks that might be in there, so I might cover a bounced mortgage payment before the banks closed today.

As I sat in line waiting for my turn at the drive-through ATM, opening envelopes and hastily endorsing checks for deposit, I came across what I thought was a 16-day late check from a tenant in Michigan which had the wrong amount on it - it was for $1000, not $1651. Mind you, I wasn't wearing my reading glasses.

Then I noticed the sticky note attached to the back of it. It read, quite simply,

"Just a pilot helping another."

$1000.00

I want to thank you, my friend. You are truly a kind and extremely generous soul. It is difficult for a proud man like me to accept such a charitable gift, but under the circumstances I have deposited your check. I promise that every penny will go to restoring "the Wicked" to her prior, beastly beauty.

And I promise not to attempt another beach take off until I have re-configured the nose wheel to a much-improved design, and done thorough testing at full ground roll speeds without a rotor attached to insure it is up to the task before doing a full-speed run with the rotor spinning up.

Thank you, very much.

God bless.

Last edited:
As the rotor turns tune in next week to see if our UK god can save us or who will Ron run down next .And I broke my EJ22 looking for old RAF project need eng and redrive WOW the noise when the crank breaks'

David,
I own a lightly rolled RAF. I planned to repair it, but my plans to live forever are in question by me. so far, my plan is working, but the RAF is 6 projects away from me. I might be able to bring it to Mentone with sufficient notice. It was a hot rod RAF.

e-mail me at the addy below

Hi Tom . My soob aircraft was there when I was talking about a gyro I was going to build .I think I hurt here feelings .WOW women . Please call me the crank broke redrive or the redrive broke the crank ? 8133938569