MH1......Mini 500 at Mentone...positive version

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Ok....I cloned this thread to here...where John is looking forward to flying his MH1 at Mentone. Please keep it positive, or I will.

Stan

Is John using the original blades? How'd he get past the issue about the leading edge being swept forward. An un-named guy who was intimately familiar with the Mini's design SAYS they are SUPPOSED to be swept??? I can't think of ONE helicopter designed that way???

Stan

Thank you for your support helping me getting things setup for attending Mentone. Also would like to mention I look very forward to flying along by your side.

Gabor.

I don't even know how to post how I feel about meeting and flying along your side as well. As I said on your Face book. Lots of Go-Pro action fixing to take place.

Bryan.

Yes I'm still flying the original blades, It took over 40 hours and some 200 or so averages on the micro balancer to balance and track to get it right.

To everyone one else here on the forum. It will be my greatest honor to meet all of you and talk flying day and night.

Thank you all for your support.

John

First..Thanks Stan! Yes John still has the stock blades installed though they are modded We are working on a new rotor blade that will be more appropriate. The first ship to receive them will be the yellow ship I'm working on. We'll let you know how they preform after testing.

I'm glad to see you guys doing well. It's a tough business and I like what you have done with your ship.

I sincerely wish you all the best.
Jon

Hey John the pleasure is going to be mine :) It's time you finally show me the green monster :). This is gonna be sooooooooooo much fun!! Shouldn't be legal :)

John will just add a lot more to Mentone. Love watching your videos of all your flights.

We are going to have quite the gathering at our cross country breakfast fly-ins.

John.....I would love to hear in this thread what you have been doing to your MH1, and how the other ones are coming along. Hope to see an increasing number of MH1's at Mentone each year.

Stan

Stan

Sorry I haven't got back to whats new with the MH-1. I have had a really bad day....After we talked the last time the fight to keep my house and property became a struggle. I had no choice to get involved and six hours later in 106 deg day here as well, has pretty much taken the toll on me today. I just hope it don't fire back up. When I get over heat exhaustion and my head is clear I will post some pictures of what we have been doing new for the conversions. I'm sure Rick will post some of his new stuff that he has been working here as well. Nap time...............

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm looking forward to seeing this machine. It can never hurt to have ever-more experimenting going on. Hopefully Doug S continues to develop the turbo 4-stroke in the Helicycle as well.

I'd like to put in my video requests now. Stan chasing John, John chasing Stan, maybe someone on the ground catching a side by side flyby. Just a couple suggestions. Damn I wish I could be there.

I'd like to put in my video requests now. Stan chasing John, John chasing Stan, maybe someone on the ground catching a side by side flyby. Just a couple suggestions. Damn I wish I could be there.
If I could keep up with those two I'd be happy to record them! But I don't think I can even come close to being able to follow them......Maybe some faster ship.....

I would rather hover alongside the MH1, where we both try to see who can fly the slowest. Hmmmm---bet it will be a tie! Stan

I would rather hover alongside the MH1, where we both try to see who can fly the slowest. Hmmmm---bet it will be a tie! Stan

Stan,

I really like your ideal for that challenge. Who can fly the slowest. I know and you know it want be about either aircraft, it will be truly hands down pilot skills. What I like about this challenge is you can actually try to better yourself in the MH-1 if you want, My offer still stands, Heck who knows I might look up and see Gabor pass by in the thing.....Stan, Gabor is probably going to school both of us on this challenge..

John

John- My saying who can fly the slowest was just a joke, as we both can fly 0 mph! You must be meaning who can hover and move around the least. I will be a fledgling helicopter pilot for many more hundred hours of flying. Gabor, you, and many other helicopter pilots will always be able to teach me stuff. I learn something from every helicopter pilot I hang around with. Looking forward to flying with you at Mentone. Stan

Hey....after those breakfasts....my rotor pitch gauge should be remarked. I should change the degree numbers to pictures of strips of bacon! Big meal with 8 strips of bacon......I simply lift the collective and fire the laser till it aligns with 8 strips of bacon.

I know....this is advanced helicopter stuff.........:)

Stan

Hopefully we get a break from the heat for Mentone. If not, I will be staying home. 100 degrees and sun is not good flying weather when you are down low.

Todd- Hopefully it wont be 100.....but I had a ball flying yesterday in 101 down low. You will be surprised how much reserve your Helicycle will have....and you are 40 pounds lighter than me!

Even if it is 100...its nice in the morning and later in the day. The heat doesnt slow us rotorheads down much. I am planning on lighting the burner can quite often each day.

Stan

Why not? You mean we Floridians are disadvantaged? LOL We hardly can ever make it under a 100.....I kind of liking it! :) Speedo, sleeveless shirt...or no shirt and flip flops! Ok maybe pair of goggles..... We have sets and sets of this kind of flight suits in our closets. And only have to crank up the washing machine once a month LMAO