MH-1, Mentone, and the videos to come

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
Just loaded my video software on my laptop to take to Mentone. I will be using both Go-pro cameras. My helmet cam, and the belly cam as well. My problem is,, what music to use in the new videos. So my solution is to turn to the people who will be in the videos to make the song choices,, and have a chance to see the videos being made and to view them before I publish them to YouTube. I can hardly wait to see the song choices that comes from this group.....I want to have them down loaded before I get there so I can just make the videos...

Attachments

• Fall Trees-1.jpg
    Fall Trees-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • trees2-1.jpg
    trees2-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
I like to hear just the engine - no music

K. O

Against the Wind, Comfortably Numb, Freebird, Learning to Fly (Tom Petty)

Can you make videos with and without music?

Yes I can make them without music. The problem is both my Go-pro cameras are in sealed water proof cases and the sound sucks. I have been looking for open cases but I'm running out of time before Mentone starts.

I know my vote doesn't count because I can't be there but I can't believe nobody has requested Ride of the Valkyries. Come on guys, it's a classic.

John- I have always wanted to make a video with "The Heat Is on" song playing. Right when my turbine lights off , the song would be at the lyric........"The heat is on!". Stan

John- I have always wanted to make a video with "The Heat Is on" song playing. Right when my turbine lights off , the song would be at the lyric........"The heat is on!". Stan

Stan

Make sure you bring all of your videos you want to use in the HEAT IS ON VIDEO. Even if you have a video that's one hour long and you only want to use one minute of it or ten seconds. I can cut one single frame out of the video and turn it into a picture for you as well. This soft ware is awesome and is very capable of doing even more than I know how to do. I learn something new every time open it up and use it.

John

I know my vote doesn't count because I can't be there but I can't believe nobody has requested Ride of the Valkyries. Come on guys, it's a classic.

Barney

Which version you like???? I looked it up on I tunes and there so many to choose from. Sorry to here you want be able to attend, and your vote does count...

John

No one has mentioned "Danger Zone" from the movie "Top Gun".

No one has mentioned "Danger Zone" from the movie "Top Gun".

Please NO!!!!!!!! Everyone has used that and most of the time it is someone flying a Piper Cherokee, Brantly, etc. No much danger zone going on at 80 knots.

Gabor

Your awesome, I have been looking for that song for months. We are defiantly making a video with that song for sure for sure. That song is used a lot in the Go-pro video of the week email I get. Bought it, got it, bringing it.

John
I agree this is one of the best background music for any aviation video! :)

QUOTE=baronpilot;485022]Please NO!!!!!!!! Everyone has used that and most of the time it is someone flying a Piper Cherokee, Brantly, etc. No much danger zone going on at 80 knots.[/QUOTE]

I used danger zone and "take my breath away" in one of my videos, I reckon I was hoping for a mostly female viewing audience lol

Berlin - Take my breath away (Top Gun soundtrack) - YouTube

Last edited:
John, what software do you use to edit videos?

Tim

It was designed by a guy in Europe. He was a video editor for a news station at first, than he went on to
editing movies.. I was told he also worked helping design HD and 3D software for MGM and Warner Brothers early on as well. I want disclose it here on the forum. I will send you a private message with all the info shortly....It is very expensive and will do anything you want..You can paused it and save the still frames as pictures. You can play up to four videos at once even. What I like is you can put four videos on it that are however long,, tile them on top of each other,, This allows you to upload four videos as ONE video to You-Tube or Vimeo. It's so advanced I haven't even got started learning it... It's also simple in some ways and expensive as well...

John

I've watched hundreds of aviation videos and my favorites have been those that I can hear the mechanical sounds. A few carefully placed snippets of songs can add to the video, but the volume is best low - I still want to hear the machinery. One thing on the video editing that adds class is the judicial use of transitions. The KISS principle of simply cutting from one scene to the next makes for a harmonious film. Also, something I want to do when I have my ship built is to use external mics. The new GoPro's have external jacks, but I found a video of a guy who spliced into the built in mic and created his own external mic.