MGL Avionics V6 Radio

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Can someone help me with the MGL Avionics V6 model Radio. I can not figure out how to set it so the mike is off and only active when the press to talk switch is pressed.

This is a used unit that did not come with a manual. I did find some directions on line and I played with some of the settings. But the mike still stays "hot".

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
Can someone help me with the MGL Avionics V6 model Radio. I can not figure out how to set it so the mike is off and only active when the press to talk switch is pressed.

This is a used unit that did not come with a manual. I did find some directions on line and I played with some of the settings. But the mike still stays "hot".

Push To Talk is for transmission not intercom. I am not sure you can do that in almost any radio I know of.
What you may be looking for is to set the VOX (Voice Operated Exchange) setting to a correct value. The manual above will guide you. You can also try to use VOGAD (Low or Hi) and set that to cut noise out. Have to trial and error with these settings. Also there is Mic Gain that can be turned up or down to quite the Mic down. Mic Gain is like a pre-amp for the signal coming from the Mic.

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Jeff, that is the manual I have. I do not Understand the VOGAD function. But I'll try changing it. This is for a single place so no passenger.

It's just with the mike always hot. I'm always hearing the loud engine noise. I'm looking to have the mike hot only when I press the button on the stick.

I'll at the airport Saturday and I will try Fara's suggestions.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
Jeff, that is the manual I have. I do not Understand the VOGAD function. But I'll try changing it. This is for a single place so no passenger.

It's just with the mike always hot. I'm always hearing the loud engine noise. I'm looking to have the mike hot only when I press the button on the stick.

I'll at the airport Saturday and I will try Fara's suggestions.

If you are hearing engine noise through the mic, turn on Vogad Low and set it to 2 and then go adjust Mic gain so you can hear yourself when you speak into the mic. Side-tone should be set to All. Vogad is basically to be used with passive headsets and digitally does what an ANR would have done like cutting out background constant noise. However, it also digitally processes your voice so you don't want it set too high or you sound like you are in a cave or something

Last edited:

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
If yu are hearing engine noise through the mic, turn on Vogad Low and set it to 2 and then go adjust Mic gain so you can hear yourself when you speak into the mic. Sidetone should be set to All. Vogad is basically to be used with passive headsets and digitally does what an ANR would have done like cutting out background constant noise. However, it also digitally processes your voice so you don't want it set too high or you sound like you are in a cave or something
Sounds good. I will try it out tomorrow. Thanks

Barry M14

Aircraft
American Ranger AR1
Total Flight Time
1,500 +

O

This is a used unit that did not come with a manual. I did find some directions on line and I played with some of the settings. But the mike still stays. 1 (810) 356-9855

I found MGL

They have a great Tech Support
Call them at 1 (810) 356-9855