MGL Avionics Singles

I have the Velocity (black and white) ASI and altimeter. I like them - the built in VSI on the altimeter is nice, but be aware the ASI stops reading at 16mph - it can be a little disconcerting when trying to fly really, really slow, and you get the speed suddenly drop to 0 :eek:)

Are there many gyros that can get an IAS of less than 16mph? How old are your Velocity gauges? I'm concerned about reliability/longevity.

Also take a look at Kanardia gauges. I have the Combo, which is an electronic analog outer scale (and also stops at 20 mph - yes, disconcerting at first) but includes digital ASI as well as Alt in the center.

To be fair, this is my second one because the central screen on the first one stopped working within two hours but the new one appears to be stable. It is a nice setup and backup.

Correction since first posted: the center screen shows Alt and VSI - not digital ASI.

/Ed

My gauges are probably 2 years old, but I have a much older ALT-3 in my toolbox (that I bought for a previous aircraft) that still works just fine. I like the idea of the colour gauges, but I doubt I'll ever get around to replacing them just for colours.

You'll get below 16mph in a vertical descent :eek:)

Just noticed there are a load of (discontinued) Velocity singles on sale on EBay right now.

Thanks, schmoe. But it looks like most people are like me and prefer the color instruments. I looked at the Kanardia suggested by a couple of folks but I like the way MGL lays out their displays better.

My panel in my Mosquito helo is all MGL, including the ASI-3. Been in service about 6 months now, and very pleased. The 16mph lower limit is not really an issue for me. The Velocity and Infinity singles are being discontinued, so the prices are pretty good right now.

I live here in SoCal and went to MGL this past Wednesday. The gauges look really nice in person, much better than online. Just placed my order for a few of them including the mini EMS. I went with the color Blaze series of instruments. Should look really nice once I get them and install them on my panel. The people over at MGL were very friendly and have a great product.