Mentone Convention Wet T-Shirt Contest

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Mark your calendars for July 19-23, for that is the Mentone Fly-In and Gyroplane Convention, the largest gyrocopter gathering in the Western Hemisphere, and who knows? perhaps even the world!

Mentone is in northern Central Indiana, just above Kokomo.

The Beach Boys used to attend this event back in the day and loved gyrocopters so much and going to Mentone that they wrote a very famous song about it called "Kokomo"

Hey, I'm not lying. :p (I myself wrote the licks for "Smoke on the Water", you know.)

I digress.

We are holding a WET T-SHIRT CONTEST...um...oops, I am getting a bit confused in my old age, I used to MC a bunch of these things in WDC in the late '80's and '90's and I think I am wishfully reminiscing and thinking here...but now that I've got your attention:

We are holding a Tee-Shirt design contest for PRA Members to come up with the design for our 2016 Mentone PRA Fly-In and Convention. The winner gets a free Tee-Shirt of his/her winning design. The only rules are that you must be a PRA Member. You can join any time, if you have not already, and submit your artwork.

Please submit the artwork in normal-size photo format to "PRA T-Shirt Contest",

[email protected]

and if your design is the winner please be prepared to send a super-high-def resolution and massive pixelation final draft.

Last edited:
I will bring a bucket of water for the winner!!!

As a very nice note to those who will/have travel to Mentone, the bypass around kokomo is finished and is nice.

JR

What has happened to the old Delphi properties in Kokomo?

Not sure, my son in law is an IT for Delphi but not sure where.