Mentone 2015

Brent- I must say you are getting er done! Good work.
Stan

2015 might just be a good year for another visit to Mentone!!!! :)

Stan Foster will be our microphone again at the 2015 convention. Stan will present the trophies to those well deserved individuals.

Thanks so much Stan.

PRAadvertisement.jpg

This will be out in the next Kit Planes.

You can take advantage of it now if you like.

:whoo:LOVE IT!!!:whoo:
and this last weekend our pyro group the HPA AKA the ones that did the fireworks friday night at the fly in had a multi club event and shoot....

Dang did we ever light up the sky :yo:

On the huge plus side after all that noise :rolleyes: not a deer for miles and miles :laser:

Brent, I am at your service. You know where I live so you can chase me down. I would love to help for next year.

Montie

Observaton - does the poster look rather 1990's. Do the gyros represent those that are clocking up sales today. Will the gyro designs on the poster appeal to potential young new members. Would it make sense to add at least one 21st C gyro to the poster too. 2015 or 1995.

Just ideas.

Observaton - does the poster look rather 1990's. Do the gyros represent those that are clocking up sales today. Will the gyro designs on the poster appeal to potential young new members. Would it make sense to add at least one 21st C gyro to the poster too. 2015 or 1995.

Just ideas.

maybe the Eurogyro kit suppliers could provide and fund additional adverts in other mags or compliment theses adds in the same mag to create a real marketing buzz ... see us, fly with us at Mentone the home of the PRA don't miss out on this great opportunity,

I want to say stand out from the crowd be different !
get out of your damn arm chair get away from the convention and do something with your life ! there is more out there other than watching the ball game and shouting at the TV. ! but you don't want to insult the reader
rise to the challenge

check out their Facebook pages - promotion for event and promotion for products

""We invite you to Mentone Indiana to meet the producer of TERCEL, TAURUS and TWISTAIR from 5 to 9 of August. We will be there with our dealer to answer all your questions and to present you the newest gyrocopters.""

""Our Agent for France Pascal Faure on his way to take part at the Coupe Icare which is according to the organisator the world's biggest paragliding and air sports event.""

""We will be attending the Midwest LSA Expo in Mt. Vernon Illinois on September 4, 5 and 6th. We hope to see you there!!!""

""Arrived at Mentone, Indiana. Gyro convention begins Wednesday.""

""Brandon from Airgyro Aviation with a potential Cavalon customer. EAA AirVenture Oshkosh booth 272!""

Vendors pay for exhibition space. Event organisers pay to promote their event.

I understand your questions. I'm not clear on the Euro gyroplanes path.
So far we have no advertising from them.

When the Euro gyro's are ask to write an article on there gyro's for the E-zine news letter, we got no response.

I'd figure free advertising in a news letter would be a great tool.

I'm thinking with the rash of accidents lately, we should have a forum on pilot safety.

Just as a refresher course for all of us to stay sharp.

Brent- That's a good idea about a safety course. I do a lot of low level flying over KNOWN areas .....mainly my dads farms he has scattered over 8 miles. I typically fly at 100 feet ....higher than any major powerline in the area.

I am constantly asking myself if I am sure its ok to fly less than 50 feet. When I am not certain...I climb.

Even in when a road is coming up that has no powerlines .....I still climb up to ho over imaginary lines..

""I'd figure free advertising in a news letter would be a great tool. ""

True but the on the other hand they are selling them very well even whilst bypassing the PRA ezine. Could it be that that just don't consider the PRA to be a big player. Auto-Gyro and Magni will have had plenty of interaction with the FAA to get their imports on the 51% kit list - did the PRA help them with this aim or did they go it alone ?

Well over 50+ imports in the past 2.5 years.

I suspect they might be targeting the GA sector and those wealthy with a hanger/garage full of "toys for boys" - getting FW / AOPA pilots to consider a modern gyro - plus they attend a lot of trade shows promoting. Would they even consider an add in a very small volume magazine, I suspect not as they've wiped the floor with the US gyro manufacturers.

Plus those already within the gyro sector will be well aware of the likes of Auto-Gyro and Magni. Would Porsche advertise in a kit car magazine.

Do Auto-Gyro and Magni need support from the PRA or does the PRA need support from Auto-Gyro and Magni - it's a question.

..........I suspect they might be targeting the GA sector and those wealthy with a hanger/garage full of "toys for boys" - getting FW / AOPA pilots to consider a modern gyro - plus they attend a lot of trade shows promoting. Would they even consider an add in a very small volume magazine, I suspect not as they've wiped the floor with the US gyro manufacturers.
Agree! So, the PRA can quit putting articles about the eurocopters in the Ezine like was done last month. The PRA was established for and has been the benefactor for the home building experimental rotorcraft community and the eurocopter doesn't fit into that category regardless of qualifying as a 51% built machine. My opinion, obviously

..........Do Auto-Gyro and Magni need support from the PRA or does the PRA need support from Auto-Gyro and Magni - it's a question.
It doesn't appear the eurocopter people need the PRA but they do take advantage of free promotion. Only a distributor can answer the question of whether they need the PRA. Since the eurocopter manufacturers/distributors do not (as far as I know) support the PRA, it is obvious that that the PRA can function without them although all support is welcome regardless of source.

Agree! So, the PRA can quit putting articles about the eurocopters in the Ezine like was done last month. The PRA was established for and has been the benefactor for the home building experimental rotorcraft community and the eurocopter doesn't fit into that category regardless of qualifying as a 51% built machine. My opinion, obviously

It doesn't appear the eurocopter people need the PRA but they do take advantage of free promotion. Only a distributor can answer the question of whether they need the PRA. Since the eurocopter manufacturers/distributors do not (as far as I know) support the PRA, it is obvious that that the PRA can function without them although all support is welcome regardless of source.

What an amazing reaction Dean particularly from someone who doesn’t fly anything.

What did the European gyroplanes do to cause such hostility Dean?

I love flying The Predator which is a scratch built and designed one of a kind gyroplane. It is not a Bensen Gyrocopter and yet I have always felt welcome at PRA events.

I love flying the Cavalon which is an experimental amateur built kit gyroplane. I suspect it fits into your poorly named category of gyroplanes. It is not a Bensen Gyrocopter and I thought I was welcome at PRA events.

I love the PRA and I love gyroplanes Dean. I don’t understand your desire to not support what you feel is a particular segment of the gyroplane community.

What is the purpose of your position?

Do you feel not supporting a particular segment of the gyroplane community will grow the PRA?

Do you feel that this segment of the gyroplane community somehow detracts from the PRA members who do not have one of these gyroplanes?

What did this segment of the gyroplane community ever do to you?

I would love to hear from other PRA members who share you prejudice who would articulate how these gyroplanes have hurt the PRA or people who fly Bensen Gyrocopters.

AirGyro recently supported the Ken Brock Freedom Fly in put on by PRA chapter one by flying in three aircraft from Spanish Fork, Utah.

It appears to me that none of the other manufactures or distributors supported that event.

I will do my best to not impose on you Dean the next time I am at Mentone particularly if I bring one of the gyroplanes you dislike.

Regards, Vance

Last edited:
Ouch .....

Ouch .....

WOAH FELLAS...... what IS going on here!???????

Vance & Dean ... you are both super guys to be around @ fly-ins & Dean is a fellow Chap 62 member ...... I hate to see differing opinions like this blow up into forum - keyboard hostility!

The Eurogyro's ... ARE the evolution of Bensen designs .... properly tested aviation-engineered construction for "mass-production" ... for a new era of moneyed gyro enthusiasts!

Although the PRA ... originated for the Bensen's - at the time the predominant low-cost design for garage project homebuilder's ..... it too has evolved & embraced ALL ROTORCRAFT .... gyro's helo's & models!

I don't understand the :flame: friction between the "two camps" .... the old & the new designs ..... we ALL LOVE TO FLY (& build) OUR PERSONAL /POPULAR ROTORCRAFT ..... & share the fun & adventures with our like-minded mates!

Perhaps a more old fashioned civil - & less :argue: aggro-critical discourse should be encouraged here! Look to appreciate the commonality rather than antagonize the natural evolution of design & the newcomers to our small world of rotorheads!!

So, the PRA can quit putting articles about the eurocopters in the Ezine like was done last month. The PRA was established for and has been the benefactor for the home building experimental rotorcraft community and the eurocopter doesn't fit...

Wow.

PRA's content needs to be influenced by what its members want to read, not by an obsession with making sure nobody benefits without paying PRA. That philosophy has readership of the e-zine down to a third or less the readership of the regional chapter newsletters. If PRA works to create a void between itself and the only companies big enough to afford advertising, it will be a hollow victory.

Like it or not, the eurogyros are the future of the sport. In a very few years, they're likely to be the only trainers available. Even Ron Menzie is now an Autogyro dealer.

If push comes to shove, I think Autogyro can get along fine without PRA. On the other hand, PRA needs desperately to stay in touch with the people choosing to buy and fly eurogyros. Any future converts to single-place homebuilt gyros are far more likely to come from the ranks of existing eurogyro pilots, or those who dream to fly one but can't afford it, than they to come from the fixed-wing ranks.

I feel the eurogyros are and will continue to play an ever increasing part keeping the gyro movement going.