Member location

alanbarker

Total Flight Time
10000+
Hi, new to the site and looking to meet up with active gyroplane pilots. I live in Rhode Island. Is there any way to sort/find active members in this forum \by state or region (New England/New York)?
Second, are there active pilot groups by gyro type, ie, Autogyro owners group?
Thanks, Alan

Hi, I'm in the Hudson valley, eastern NY. Your profile suggests you are in Florida?

Hi! I'm a retired snowbird, so in RI May-Sep. I went to Oshkosh, ran into the AutoGyro display, and got intrigued by them. What's your experience with them?

I am a private pilot - gyroplane, and I own a Magni M16. Magni were also at Oshkosh.

Hi, new to the site and looking to meet up with active gyroplane pilots. I live in Rhode Island. Is there any way to sort/find active members in this forum \by state or region (New England/New York)?
Second, are there active pilot groups by gyro type, ie, Autogyro owners group?
Thanks, Alan
Hi Alan How close are you to Newport State (KUUU)
I am based at Ellington (7B9) just over 50 miles.
I am flying a new AR1 made in Fl.
You can call me anytime to answer any questions you might have. I just got back from a weeks vacation at a B and B there and loved the area so I will be flying there to take videos of the area real soon. 413-244-5946 Barry

Barry, thanks! It would be great to meet up with you. I'm 45 minutes from Newport or North Central, so anytime you plan on a hop, let me know and I will meet you, lunch on me! I'm a snowbird, so will be leaving mid-September for the season. I look forward to picking your brains and will give you a call. Thanks!!!

I am a private pilot - gyroplane, and I own a Magni M16. Magni were also at Oshkosh.
Hi Tyger, I DID see Magni at Oshkosh and met the entire family! Nice gyros and great people. They have a great incentive plan: buy their gyro and fly to Milan to build it! I'm curious as to how you chose the Magni M16...

Hi everyone,

I could add a location field to all profiles and display them below the avatar if @ToddP approves this.
Just to clarify..all members will have to complete the location field.

I took my family with me to Italy when I did my build, last year. We stayed at a VRBO about 15 minutes from the factory. My engineer-student son helped with the build and did our photo documentation, while my wife shopped and explored (and cooked us breakfast and dinner most days). It was a great experience.
As far as why Magni, that might be too long an answer to type out, but I'd be happy to discuss with you over the phone (or in person) some time. :)

I took my family with me to Italy when I did my build, last year. We stayed at a VRBO about 15 minutes from the factory. My engineer-student son helped with the build and did our photo documentation, while my wife shopped and explored (and cooked us breakfast and dinner most days). It was a great experience.
As far as why Magni, that might be too long an answer to type out, but I'd be happy to discuss with you over the phone (or in person) some time. :)
Hi, that does sound like a lot of fun! I'd like to hear more about your story. Call anytime (retired) at 401-935-9 zero 99.

Hi everyone,

I could add a location field to all profiles and display them below the avatar if @ToddP approves this.
Hi, I think that would be a great addition, and help out those of us new to the site. Even better is if we could somehow search for active pilots and associated fields in a particular region., both for new guys as well as cross country flights.

Hi everyone,

Sounds good to me. Please add the location field. Thank You

Check out the new addition to the left column. I really like it, what do you guys think?

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looked great the last time I signed on, but now it seems to be gone. I'd be happy with it as a permanent addition.

I need to check with Ivan, see what happened to it. We'll get it back.