Mechanic in Atlanta

Dan0756

I recently purchased a Magni M24 with a 915 and am having trouble finding someone to help maintain it. Does anyone know of a mechanic that’s in the Atlanta area that could help? One mechanic I talked with said he worked on Rotax 2 strokes only. Thanks in advance. Dan

I recently purchased a Magni M24 with a 915 and am having trouble finding someone to help maintain it. Does anyone know of a mechanic that’s in the Atlanta area that could help? One mechanic I talked with said he worked on Rotax 2 strokes only. Thanks in advance. Dan
Did you talk with Scott Essex?

Sebring Florida might be the closest one. You may have found an opportunity for someone. Lockwood does offer training classes if you happen to know someone who would be interested. The alternative is to find a flight school near you that uses LSA airplanes from Europe and use their repair guys if they will even let them work on outside aircraft. Just my thoughts.

Can you tell us what is wrong? You can't even find codes for the IS engines unless you have $1000 dongle and software from Rotax that shows the logs and you cannot download that software unless you have taken IS engine specific curses from Rotax training centers

Can you tell us what is wrong? You can't even find codes for the IS engines unless you have $1000 dongle and software from Rotax that shows the logs and you cannot download that software unless you have taken IS engine specific curses from Rotax training centers
That’s interesting- didn’t know that. Right now my needs are only for the scheduled maintenance items- but was wanting to be ahead of the game when I do have a more serious issue.

Why are A&P mechanics reluctant to get certified to work on Rotax engines, the Lightsport population is growing and the older GA engine crowd is not. DOES ANYONE WANT TO WORK ANYMORE????

Why are A&P mechanics reluctant to get certified to work on Rotax engines, the Lightsport population is growing and the older GA engine crowd is not. DOES ANYONE WANT TO WORK ANYMORE????

That last sentence has some truth to it.

That’s interesting- didn’t know that. Right now my needs are only for the scheduled maintenance items- but was wanting to be ahead of the game when I do have a more serious issue.

You mean an inspection and an oil change. That’s a piece of cake. Any 912 certified tech or even an A&P who watches a video for oil change can do it. Sign up for the videos at Rotax-owner.com

I am rotax certifed. I have all of the tools needed. But, I'm in Indiana. We have 3 gyroplanes at this time were working on.

I still have a full time A&P job, 13 acres to maintain + house etc, my own projects.. I did look into the rotax stuff years ago, the 2 strokes were still plentiful, and parts were relatively cheap. The 9 series tooling is too much of a capitol investment for part time work, plus stocking any parts is very expensive.

I still have a full time A&P job, 13 acres to maintain + house etc, my own projects.. I did look into the rotax stuff years ago, the 2 strokes were still plentiful, and parts were relatively cheap. The 9 series tooling is too much of a capitol investment for part time work, plus stocking any parts is very expensive.

You don't need any special tools to do oil change and check and clean spark plugs and check compression and inspect hoses and wire loom though