MAY EAA challenge

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
From EAA website ....

April 28, 2016 - Starting May 1, we challenge you to try something new. It’s that easy! Take someone on their first flight. Find a local EAA chapter and attend your first meeting. Land at an airport you’ve never visited. Try your hand at flying RC aircraft or building a model airplane. Work with an instructor to try that kind of flying you’ve always been curious about – tailwheel, seaplane, glider, powered parachute… The possibilities are endless, and we can’t wait to see what you do!

During the month of May, share a photo of your new experience on your favorite social media channel, and include the hashtag #AVChallenge. We’ll add your photos to an online album and share them across our digital and social channels to inspire and energize aviation enthusiasts around the world.

In April, we challenged you to visit an aviation museum, and you delivered! EAA Chapter 1361 members gathered for a fly-out to the Aerospace Museum of California – the weather was perfect for taking in the museum’s outdoor displays. Lucky EAA Chapter 221 holds its monthly meeting at the Air Zoo, and Dennis Spence shared photos from Texas’s Historic Aviation Memorial Museum and National Museum of the Pacific War. Check out the gallery for more.

We’ll present a new challenge every month; keep an eye on our website and social channels and join us in sharing The Spirit of Aviation!

:director: INVITATION to all flyers in " cooee" distance of S-central KANSAS!! :director:

Our local EAA chapter 88 is starting a monthly pancake breakfast fly-in event and on May 14th 2016 ..a special OPEN HOUSE/ ribbon cutting celebrating our new chapter home @ Jabarra airport KAAO ...flyer attached!

Other news from PRA Chap62 - northern group!

I have done the EAA youth protection training (& background check) ... now necessary for any program working with youth -( Young eagles) ... so am qualified to do young Eagle flights ... when I feel I have the PIC time & skills to do so! :D

This week started out for us with a bit of fun ...seeing a new-gyro grin :D :D :D on the face of Fred P. ( a lurker here ... who I hope will join in the conversations here - one day!)

Fred saw us @ the hangar ... with Jim getting some time with Desmon ( who had a few hours Monday afternoon for gyro training the locals ... between his American Eagle flights operated by MESA ..overnighting in ICT)

Jim had some training ... our friend Jeff( Aircommand ultralight ... getting close to being ready) had another refresher session with Desmon ... Then Fred rocks up ... just SO excited to see gyros & activity & find a CFI ... his biggest hurdle .. here in Kansas .. to get training!

We were SO lucky with the weather ...Monday was the only perfect flying day this week - with big storms on Tuesday & more rain & crazy winds since!

Attachments

• EAA Open House May 2016.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: