Mast bushings-Problems?

paulp

paulp
Aircraft
Taylorcraft mod 19=RAF2000
Total Flight Time
3800+
Howdy Tribe,
I just got a very disconcerting email from an individual stating that Ron Menzie had one of my bushings deteriote(after about 18 mos or so)
I have not talked to Ron yet but will do so tomorrow.

I hate to impose but if anyone that has bought a bushing from me would check the condition of their bushing and advise me of how long it has been in place and about how many hours have been put on the machine since installiation I would very much appreciate it. Also the condition is very important.

Please post what you find here on the forum.

This is the first and only problem I have ever had reported to me in the last 5 years and I have sold a little over 90 of these bushings.

I know that Ron bought 2 bushings and out of that batch I have had no issues crop up.

Thank you all for your help in this matter. I really appreciate it.

BigBen

Aircraft
CLT RAF w/HS
Total Flight Time
Paul.
I bought 2 bushings from you some time back (probably 2 years ago?) and put one in about a year and a half ago. It has set in my garage in Sebring and not flown and looked OK until I did a hang test on it 2 weeks ago after which I noticed the bushing had spilt through at the top (zero degrees) postion. This was the first time any load had been placed on the mast. It seems to me that the busing and the spare I bought is softer tan I remember when purchased. Just my perception and the bushings were always in the garage/workshop under cover. Don't know if the Florida heat/humidity had any effect. I was just about ready to contact you about the issue. You have great timing.

eddie

RAF, turbo subaru 230hp
Aircraft
230 HP turbocharged RAF
Total Flight Time
8,000 plus
I have been using them for years without any problems of deterioation at all,after several

years of use and several hundred hours one of them developed a crack from usage,it is
still useable.

best regards,

Last edited: