Magnolia Arkansas Fly-in

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
There will be a Joint PRA 20 AND PRA 6 Fly in on June 14 and 15 at Magnolia Airport. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the flying and the camaraderie at the this event. There should be food and drinks. Hope to see you there.

Tom,
Make sure you bring your own beer.
I got fooled one year, its a dry parish up there.

Might be able to stop in with a UH-60 this year. It's during my annual training....

Pipe up if you plan to attend!!

Pipe up if you plan to attend!!

Hey, the event is tomorrow. Who's going for sure?

Im flying in a UH-60 during Annual Training on a training mission if anyone wants to see blackhawk...

Would sure love to see who plans to be there!

Pipe in with a response if you plan on coming.

I'm scheduled to arrive around noon on Saturday, the 14th. Will hang around until about 1400 or so, in case anyone interested.

See you all tomorrow!

Hey guys.
I hate that I won't make it. Its my weekend to take care of my mother. fly safe and take lots of pictures.

Well the Fly in turned out to be really nice. Virgil and his wife put on a great get together.
There were 5 gyros there. Gary Hall came as a consultant with out his gyro. Richard Kennedy and Bill W Chapter 20 President put on several flights. It was great to visit with all the guys and visitors. There were several activities including the arrival of a BlackHawk flown by our own Magilla Lt Col Spencer Robinson. He was there for a couple of hours answering thousands of questions. Richard K won the Spot Landing, and Bomb drop contests. I got the furtherest distance flown by a gyro (50 miles). Sorry Spencer your Blackhawk doesn't count. We picked up a new member (Walt Backer)this weekend for Chapter 6. Walt and Richard tied for Man and Machine. Walt also soloed with help of Gary Hall on Saturday. Congrats to Walt. We had an informal meeting and agreed that we should meet again in mid October at Petit Jean Mountain. I need everyones in-put on the exact dates. I hope to see all of you soon. Thanks again Virgil for inviting us all.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun Thom, I'm glad you guys have some activity over there in Arkansas.

Not much going on here in okiehoma.

Thanks Thom,
I tried to call Bill last night till about 1230 am. He was on his puter and it ties up his land line. I hated missing that fly-in. Where was Gray's Machine , and 50 miles is pretty slick. Congratulations to all who attended. Do you have pictures??

October flyin dates.

October flyin dates.

Thom,
first let me say, I got Bill on the phone today and he was very impressed with your machine. He said you did an outstanding job on the conversion.

Oct 10th weekend is good for me.

Thanks Mark. It really does fly stable. My mod is really simple to the point that anyone with a RAF and a weekend can have it also. I do have to say that Aussie Paul and Larry Boyer were the ones who inspired me to do this. It is a little different but really strong.

Bill did an impressive bit of flying there also. October 10 sounds good. What about the rest of you guys?