magni wire strike UK

I've never seen a wire cutter on a gyro. I like the idea, but I suspect most gyros don't have the mass to make them effective.

Youv got the perfect wire cutter just above your head now.
If your lucky enuf to see the wire, but not lucky enuf to be able to avoid it, yank side stick and cut that sucker with the rotor. ;)

Youv got the perfect wire cutter just above your head now.
If your lucky enuf to see the wire, but not lucky enuf to be able to avoid it, yank side stick and cut that sucker with the rotor. ;)
Works fine with copper or aluminum wire, Birdy.

However, high voltage transmission lines designed for long runs between towers have high tensile strength steel cores that don’t chop easily with rotor blades.

Do read the ASN report correctly: first a bird strike happened, followed by a forced landing during which the pilot hit a wire? Usually bird strikes to the rotor are non-events up to usual bird sizes like a buzzard.

-- Chris.

I was thinkn single strand CB.

If you cant see them big towers and multiple wires, its probably time to hang up the headset. ;)

Do read the ASN report correctly: first a bird strike happened, followed by a forced landing during which the pilot hit a wire? Usually bird strikes to the rotor are non-events up to usual bird sizes like a buzzard.

-- Chris.

Chris have you ever had a bird strike? What happened?

I always worry about one coming through the windshield.

I remember Mike Bantum in Florida used to get requests from a friend to chase the birds off of his crops with his gyro- I thought doing so was kinda risky.

Rob

my error sorry

my error sorry

Don't know what makes you think it was a Magni (nothing in the news report or elsewhere), but it wasn't!

Timothy sorry for my error, (sometimes rumour network is not all that acurate.) Any chance you can give acurate more details. Engine failure, low flying or low approach to an airfield with wires and was there a fire ?
Most important how are the crew doing in hospital