IM,

What is the consumption at 90mph? That is more reasonable cruise speed.

Must be fun to fly the M-24 with 915 engine.

Make sure you fly down to 8MA4 sometime this spring. Barry flies there and there is another AR-1 on the field. They have some breakfast fly-ins during spring and summer. Nice place to camp. Grass can be a tad bumpy due to ants causing chunks of grass between bare spots.

Do you have your license now? I don’t remember...

Are those the new Garmin instruments? Really nice panel!

Last edited:
IM,

What is the consumption at 90mph? That is more reasonable cruise speed.
At 100mph it is 6-6.5 gph
Must be fun to fly the M-24 with 915 engine.
Yep.
Make sure you fly down to 8MA4 sometime this spring.
Yes, some days.
Do you have your license now? I don’t remember...
Yep, passed the checkride last year.
Are those the new Garmin instruments? Really nice panel!
Thanks. Much less expensive than Garmin, it is Kanardia (transponder & radio - Trig):

Last edited:
Liked the presentation of the Kanardia instruments and chose the combination ASI/Alt as a standby. They certainly look good on your panel.

Quite a jump in fuel flow to increase to a 100mph.

Interesting, those fuel consumption figures; 3,6 g/h @ 70 mph and 6,25 g/h @ 100 mph. The minimum is –it's a guess– probably at less than 60 mph, but close... Maximum range speed is probably around 70-75 mph...

The fuel burn you show one up is quite in line with other gyroplanes with iS engines and even with Rotax 914UL. I see the same or very similar burn at same speed one up. I was hoping iS would make a bigger difference. The fuel injection I believe starts to show better difference when you go higher up but gyroplanes generally don't fly that high unless you are starting out at high density altitudes to start

Maximum range speed is probably around 70-75 mph...
After I realized that maximum range on any gyro for me is limited not by fuel burn, but by my ass being tired to sit still for more than 2 hours in the same position, I stopped worriing about maximum range. :)

After I realized that maximum range on any gyro for me is limited not by fuel burn, but by my ass being tired to sit still for more than 2 hours in the same position, I stopped worriing about maximum range. :)

No wonder. I use a pillow...

Out here in Colorado area the distance between airports with fuel may often exceed your comfort seating limitation. :) Really like your panel. Did you design it?

IM - I don't have a turbo engine, but should the MAP be at a minimum the same as outside pressure?View attachment 1152083

If I understand it correctly, at 3920 rpm, the turbo blows but little, and due to the engine suction, the absolute pressure in the admission manifold is slightly lower than atmospheric...

Messed up my post. Okay so I was confused on the MAP reading, and thanks for the clarification.

How about the fuel levels?

To DavePA11: I graduated left indicator to show last 9 gallons of usable fuel left in the tank (original float-sensor in the tank of M-24 can only see first 10-11.5 gallons) , and the right one shows total amount of gas, which include 1.5 gallon of unusable. Hence the discrepancy of 1-1.5 gallon.1616445235235.png
BTW, mechanical indicator on the right shows 0-22 gallon, you can see red needle pointing over number 10 (gallons). Left indicator shows "E" when zero usable fuel left in the tank.

Last edited: