529 hours
Give me a call 760-five18-3266

Brent Drake

Gyroplane Instructor
Aircraft
Pipers/Cessna's/Magnus, Helo's/Gyro's
Total Flight Time
4,000+
Mac's take a simple vacuum fuel pump. Just make sure to get the same configuration that you have now.

The old saying " Never fly a Mac any further from the airport than our will to walk back."

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
I have always used a Mikuni pulse pump and replace it every few years.
They are only about $25 new on Ebay
Or a rebuild kit for $15.

Chris Burgess

GYRO-CFI
Aircraft
Many makes and models, prefer open frame, Sold my SnoBird Tandem
Total Flight Time
3400+
I only used the "original" mechanical pump until it failed, twice.!!! I remember coming in at least twice pumping away on the fuel tank manual pump to keep my engine running. That was maybe 1971. I switched over to the marine pulse pumps and used a tapped hole on the magneto end of the case for the pulse. I also found the attached directions for plugging that original hole in the Mac, straignt from Bensen's manual, 91-H page -4-. I used the pulse pump on my Bensens and the Parson's tandem and never had pressure problems after that.

Attachments

• fuel pump plug.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 2
  • fuel pump plug.jpg
    fuel pump plug.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
I only used the "original" mechanical pump until it failed, twice.!!! I remember coming in at least twice pumping away on the fuel tank manual pump to keep my engine running. That was maybe 1971. I switched over to the marine pulse pumps and used a tapped hole on the magneto end of the case for the pulse. I also found the attached directions for plugging that original hole in the Mac, straignt from Bensen's manual, 91-H page -4-. I used the pulse pump on my Bensens and the Parson's tandem and never had pressure problems after that.
Darn Chris, Makes me want to build a single seat Bensen with a Mac. It was so much fun!

But...

I was never able to get my Mac to allow even a handheld radio to work reliably. Even with shielded plug wires the physical noise and the RF made comm impossible. I have been based at GYR, Class D, for the last 30 years or so. Flying NORDO out of here would be difficult.

Jim