Mac 72 Prop

Roberd42

Aircraft
Bensen B8M
Total Flight Time
I have a Troyer 48 in prop marked for a 72hp Mac but one side has been repaired where it looks to have delaminated near the hub (dowel pins and glue), now the other side is splitting in the same spot. My friend had a 48 aerial prop in good condition, so I popped it on and now I can only get about 3-3100rpm. The part number on it ends in 90, so I assume it’s pitched for a 90hp.

I messaged Tennessee prop with no response and their website now says out of business as of dec 2019 with hopes to reopen.

I messaged butch about his prop for sale here. Are there any other options, anyone know someone that might be willing to repair the other side of the troyer? I hate to fly a repaired prop period. I’d rather buy new.

thanks!

Attachments

• ABE5C576-6EF3-41B7-B656-9FB453446CE4.jpeg
    ABE5C576-6EF3-41B7-B656-9FB453446CE4.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
I have a Troyer 48 in prop marked for a 72hp Mac but one side has been repaired where it looks to have delaminated near the hub (dowel pins and glue), now the other side is splitting in the same spot. My friend had a 48 aerial prop in good condition, so I popped it on and now I can only get about 3-3100rpm. The part number on it ends in 90, so I assume it’s pitched for a 90hp.

I messaged Tennessee prop with no response and their website now says out of business as of dec 2019 with hopes to reopen.

I messaged butch about his prop for sale here. Are there any other options, anyone know someone that might be willing to repair the other side of the troyer? I hate to fly a repaired prop period. I’d rather buy new.

thanks!

Roberd i am also looking for the same prop and i will tell you there hard to find if you have any luck finding one please let us know what we can do to find one Paul

I finally installed my ARD CDI on the Mac and it starts so easy and runs so much better. Now this :( Might just have to talk my buddy out of a 90hp top end. However, I prefer the 72 without pinned rings.

I have a 48 x 24 Tennessee prop. Was used on my kb2 for about 5 gallon of gas thru my newly rebuilt by Rick Whitridge 72 mac till the engine threw a rod. Anyway the prop is in good but not perfect condition. 3 in thick hub. New cost was $668 - has leading edge tape.
Will sell for $500 plus shipping. If anyone is in the Farmington NM area come by and take a look if you are interested.
John R. 505 258 1927, email [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey John, I’m interested in the prop. I’ll give you a call tomorrow. - William

thanks!
I still have that prop for 72 mac in excellent condition

Roberd i am also looking for the same prop and i will tell you there hard to find if you have any luck finding one please let us know what we can do to find one Paul
I have a prop for mac 72 in excellent condition

When you change the prop out on the mac. DOUBLE make sure the length and pitch is the same. and verify it with the actual engine rpm.
I had a problem with a Tennessee Prop once and put a Troyer on, supposedly was the same pitch and diameter. Turned out the load was different and I melted a jug down, apparently it went lean. Strongly consider re-jetting when you do this.

thanks!
This is Butch and I tried to tell everyone that I have a perfect prop for the 72 mac but no one answered it. This prop is in excellent condition and has very little time on it