LSA / SP rules ?

Sounds like some of the Instructions found in cheap Chinese products, and about as safe.

Oh wow, there's more. Below is their definition of a light sport aircraft. I'm thinking someone must have sabotaged their website.
--------------------------
What is a light sport aircraft?
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) created the sport aircraft category in 2004 to make it easier for people to get their pilot license and sport aircraft and light sport sea. A light sport aircraft, or LSA, is a small, single-engine plane designed for recreational flying. They are typically made from composite materials and have a maximum takeoff weight of fewer than 1320 pounds.

An aircraft must meet specific requirements to be classified as a sport aircraft. The light sport aircraft must have the following:

A top speed in level flight with power off between 55 and 120 knots (63 to 138 mph).
A stall speed not greater than 24 knots (27.43 mph). Light sport aircraft can land at this same speed without damage to the light sport aircraft or pilot.
A Vne (never exceeding speed) of not more than 150 knots (172.37 mph).
A power-off glide ratio of at least six to one.
In addition, light sport aircraft must be equipped with the following:

Two seats that are facing forward.
A fixed landing gear. Seaplanes and amphibious light sport aircraft are permitted to have retractable landing gear and flight design ctls with a good captain.
An airworthiness certificate that is valid for light sport aircraft. A light sport aircraft must be built specifically for the light sport category but does not need a type certificate or standard production approval to be considered a light sport airplane.
In addition to these requirements, you must also have a light sport pilot license to operate a light sport aircraft.
-----------------------------

So can I put my helicopter hours to cover the 20 and cross country :cool:

Sounds like your hours on a unicycle might count as well since it probably fits their definition of a LSA.
Another uni-cyclist???

Please elaborate, I have been riding since I was 7 years old. I did about 200 miles in Paris, June 2017 and rode in Normandy and Guernsey during the same trip.
Who are the other "Eccentric Geeks" on this forum???0618170054.jpg

Another uni-cyclist???

Please elaborate, I have been riding since I was 7 years old. I did about 200 miles in Paris, June 2017 and rode in Normandy and Guernsey during the same trip.
Who are the other "Eccentric Geeks" on this forum???View attachment 1157062
It was a joke. Meaning these people and their website would make almost anything available in the LSA category here in the US. Even a Unicycle.

It was a joke. Meaning these people and their website would make almost anything available in the LSA category here in the US. Even a Unicycle.
Ok, in that case I will get my "re-fueling in air" hours while helping the guy with the F15.............

So I can count a few thousand hours of unicycling towards flying certs?

So I can count a few thousand hours of unicycling towards flying certs?
I wouldn’t be surprised according to that place. I admire you for being able to ride that thing. Tried most of my youth never did anything but almost broke my fool neck.

I wouldn’t be surprised according to that place. I admire you for being able to ride that thing. Tried most of my youth never did anything but almost broke my fool neck.
Somewhere along the road I discovered a process....
The trick is to NOT try to ride it!
Just sit on it and rock the wheel back and forth while holding on to a post, or wall for about 15 minutes a day.
this could be inside while watching tv....
You need to do it with your feet in the 4- 90 deg.positions around the rotation of the wheel.
Do it for a couple weeks. You sub-conscience works out the balance and then in a couple weeks when you
try to ride, you will actually make it a couple revolutions and then you are only a few more sessions from riding.
The wheel speed is slow enough to not givwe you much gyroscopic stability and the fore and aft balance is actually easier
then the side to side.
Trying to actually move forward from the beginning will just demoralize you....too many variables at the same time, like flying....

Yeah I’m too old to try that now. I’m 51 and just spent 6 months with a bad back injury because my klutzy ass fell in the tub and tore two disks. Finally going back to work Monday.

Another uni-cyclist???

Who are the other "Eccentric Geeks" on this forum???
That's how I got around campus in the 80s as an undergrad!

Somewhere along the road I discovered a process....
The trick is to NOT try to ride it!
Just sit on it and rock the wheel back and forth while holding on to a post, or wall for about 15 minutes a day.
this could be inside while watching tv....
You need to do it with your feet in the 4- 90 deg.positions around the rotation of the wheel.
Do it for a couple weeks. You sub-conscience works out the balance and then in a couple weeks when you
try to ride, you will actually make it a couple revolutions and then you are only a few more sessions from riding.
The wheel speed is slow enough to not givwe you much gyroscopic stability and the fore and aft balance is actually easier
then the side to side.
Trying to actually move forward from the beginning will just demoralize you....too many variables at the same time, like flying....
If you can ride it and juggle than you have the coordination to fly a helicopter, I can fly a chopper and I can juggle but I never tried the unicycle, takes to long to heal up now.

I can juggle, but not well... I have been a professional drummer since 1980, so I can do about 6 different things at the same time.....
Now that I am playing in a Latin jazz band, I am playing 4 percussionists parts at the same time, so I'm schizophrenic and so am I....

I can juggle, but not well... I have been a professional drummer since 1980, so I can do about 6 different things at the same time.....
Now that I am playing in a Latin jazz band, I am playing 4 percussionists parts at the same time, so I'm schizophrenic and so am I....
Some of my best friends are me.

If you can ride it and juggle than you have the coordination to fly a helicopter, I can fly a chopper and I can juggle but I never tried the unicycle, takes to long to heal up now.
I did that - I learned to juggle while riding so I'd have something to do with my hands while riding down the sidewalk.

I did that - I learned to juggle while riding so I'd have something to do with my hands while riding down the sidewalk.
Half of my helicopters students couldn't walk and chew bubble gum, I convinced them to try something else.

Half of my helicopters students couldn't walk and chew bubble gum, I convinced them to try something else.
I often wondered do you think a strictly gyro only pilot would catch on to flying a helicopter pretty quick? I flew in a R22 once. The guy let me have the cyclic and told me to stay in a hover. I did pretty good until he said how do you think you did. He said look up and we were 1000 feet in the air. He said you did great except we were climbing the whole time. I said well sir you had the throttle and collective that’s your fault. He laughed and said I would have no problem learning to fly a helicopter.

I wish I would have taken the opportunity when I got out to of the Army. They offered me two retraining opportunities one was a commercial helicopter program in Arizona at a community college. The other was fiber optic splicing class with AT&T certification. I was already an Army trained phone man so I chose that knowing I could make some good money fairly quickly. I also knew that it would get me hired on with a local phone company somewhere which was my plan from the age of 16.