Lots of fun at AirVenture and the PRA Convention.

Thanks Vance ! Poor attendance ? Sorry to hear that. I think that is the classroom where I earned my repairman's certificate.

Was Steve Mcgowan there ? How about Ron Menzie ? Anyone hear anything from Marty Weaver ? Tommy Milton ?

Duane Hunn ? How about the CFI guy with the SxS Dominator ?

Any heli vendors this year ?

CLS447;n1123254 said:
Thanks Vance ! Poor attendance ? Sorry to hear that. I think that is the classroom where I earned my repairman's certificate.

Was Steve Mcgowan there ? How about Ron Menzie ? Anyone hear anything from Marty Weaver ? Tommy Milton ?

Duane Hunn ? How about the CFI guy with the SxS Dominator ?

Any heli vendors this year ?

I didn’t say there was poor attendance Chris; only that there were more people at AirVenture.

The PRA Convention was well attended compared to recent years.

Steve McGowan was there and training in The Black.

Ron Menzie was there to give a seminar about check rides.

I don’t recall seeing Marty Weaver, Tom Milton or Duane Hunn but that doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

I don’t know about a side by side Dominator.

Chris Lord was there with a lot of ELAs.

Greg Gremminger was there giving rides in a Magni.

Greg Spicola was giving rides in the American Ranger by Silverlight.

Wayne Hubbs flew his Magni up from Tennessee, Carol and Dick DeGraw flew in from somewhere.

Ernie and Mike Boyette were there with Dominators and Ernie went flying with me in a two place Dominator that he built many years ago.

Jeff Tipton was there along with too many others to mention.

I feel it was a great convention and time well spent.

Oh.....that's great ! What engine was on the Dom that you flew in ?

Any heli venders ?

CLS447;n1123272 said:
Oh.....that's great ! What engine was on the Dom that you flew in ?

Any heli venders ?

She had a 914 in her and we were near gross.

She flew slightly nose down because she was set up for much lighter people.

I am always amazed at how nicely a Dominator flies.

I could not see the instruments and had to ask Ernie for the airspeed and altitude.

It was a great example of flying by pitch and sight picture using the instruments to quantify airspeed and altitude.

I was able to fly to practical test standards for close to an hour including S turns over a road.

I did not see any Helicopter Vendors at Mentone. There were lots at AirVenture.

I did not know that Ernie had a 2 place with a 914 on it ! So COOL ! I thought it might have had that SUB4 EA81. I wonder if he still has that ?

Vance, do you have any trouble with the new forum format ?

Thanks for filling in my blanks lately.....I really mean it ! Such a lack of posting around this busy time of year is somewhat frustrating !

Remember when Ron A had that Dom with the Yamaha on it.......everyone was havin' a great time !

CLS447;n1123393 said:
I did not know that Ernie had a 2 place with a 914 on it ! So COOL ! I thought it might have had that SUB4 EA81. I wonder if he still has that ?

Vance, do you have any trouble with the new forum format ?

Thanks for filling in my blanks lately.....I really mean it ! Such a lack of posting around this busy time of year is somewhat frustrating !

Remember when Ron A had that Dom with the Yamaha on it.......everyone was havin' a great time !

I like that the new format has a like button.

I like the photo size options.

I like the way it remembers what you were going to write when you go off somewhere else.

What sort of trouble are you asking about?

Glad to fill in your blanks Chris.

I had a great time at Air Venture and at the PRA convention.

Thanks again, Vance ! I have no trouble & also like some of the new stuff........I thought that there were a lot of complaints from others ?

I have a large Red Eared Slider in the pool again this year that eats shrimp from my hand. I like her alot but don't want to keep her inside all winter....what to do ?

Attachments

• IM000402.JPG
    IM000402.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
Had the pleasure of meeting my first African pilot, Captain Davis Mwankuze when I joined my father’s old Airline East African Airways. He was a DC3 Route Training Captain. I had flown as a co-pilot on DC-3’s and 4’s for two companies in Libya doing oilfield support for a couple of years prior to joining, and had met and flown with a variety of nationalities and characters as Captains so had a good chance to meet some real characters of varying capabilities and temperaments.

Davis was a very good pilot, instructor, and Captain, with a fund of knowledge on the machine the routes we flew, and the FO’s I would be flying with. He became a good friend and colleague who certainly helped me shed a a great deal of my prejudices. We have a black gyro pilot here in England who has had a Merlin and now flies an RAF 2000.