loose vs lose

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Jon that is very creative again my friend.
Inbreeding caused genetic problems with Henri's legs. At 5'0'' he had an adult body but a child's legs. Might have felt only a hooker could love him?
From a rich aristocratic inbred family.

Henri was the King of debauchery in his time. His alcoholism became more and more of a problem. Moving from beer and wine to absinthe, in high volumes.

absinthe did make his heart grow fonder of himself?

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
PS:
I must store your version of NAMES in a separate place than words in my brain. Because I realized it was a Name and as a name, it was not in context to the meaning. That is when I started checking the words. Once I realized you were using the wrong words I got the joke and why you used Toulouse. If you hadn't used a name I would have only understood the meaning and missed all of the grammar and spelling mistakes entirely.
The other thing that bothers me personally.
To store trivial crap like this normally I wish I had a memory delete feature for my brain. Few want to hear the details even if they mention his name.

But sometimes Jon having a photographic memory lets you see the joke that most would miss if we did not store the trivia too???

Doug Riley

Platinum Member
All of this is why we say on the radio "niner" instead of "nine," easily misunderstood by German speakers as "nein."

Wars start over misunderstood communications, so it's wise to maintain some grammatical standards. There's no need to be snarky about it, though.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
All of this is why we say on the radio "niner" instead of "nine," easily misunderstood by German speakers as "nein."

Wars start over misunderstood communications, so it's wise to maintain some grammatical standards. There's no need to be snarky about it, though.
I would like to just be told in the post, so I could correct it and laugh at myself. It will not be because I do not know the correct word it is because I retrieved the wrong version of the word from a long list I keep of the way you spell words. I mess up pronouns more than any other and I do not know why? Instead of our, I type out.
My theory is I like to LEARN and I do not care if you are laughing at me or with me. At least we are all laughing.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
John, my point has been not to make fun of anyone, but just to point out the (sometimes subtle) differences between similar words which are often mistaken for each other.

It's not at all about pointing out random misspellings or typos, e.g. "our" for "out" (I hit that wrong key myself often enough), and I do understand that recognizing patterns of letters can be difficult for guys with dyslexia.

I know you always try to take things in the spirit in which they are intended, and I really do appreciate that.

Last edited: