Looking for replacement carburetor coupler for Arrow 500 engine

doctorb5

Aircraft
Single place Snobird. Modified Sparrowhawk (Shredo)
Total Flight Time
I need help locating a replacement for the rubber coupler that goes between the carburetor (Bing 55) and the intake manifold on my engine. (See pictures.) The Arrow 500 is an old two-stroke engine which has been out of production for a long time. I can find many options for Rotax engines and Bing 54 carbs, but they don't seem to fit. In fact, there's a good chance that the current part is not OEM. (There is no inscription or part number on it.)

My coupler is made of flexible rubber material in a light shade of red. Inside diameter is about 2". Length is about 1.5". Wall thickness is about 1/8".

I have temporarily replaced the coupler with a piece of 2" rubber hose (see pictures). It works, but the wall is twice as thick, and I'm afraid that the extra rigidity will cause vibration issues with the carb. Also, I do not know how long that rubber will last with avgas and two-stroke oil.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to find an actual replacement part or a better fitting hose, please let me know.

Thanks!
Photo-1.jpg Photo-2.jpg Photo-3.jpg Photo-4.JPG Photo-5.jpg

Hi Scott. Thanks for the info. It’s funny how changing a word or two can significantly improve a google search! When I changed from rubber to silicone, I got many results. This one looks very similar to what I have:

Is that what you had in mind?