Looking for Homebuilder project

Xdomingo

Hi all:
Here Xavier from Spain.
I'm looking for a project to build.
I did my homework searching in Internet and there is nothing tagged as "modern gyroplane, canopied and fast - cruise speed 100 mph".
Most of the classical companies that had plans and support to builders are not active (f.e. Barnett Gyroplanes...). Seems that 2010 crisis killed most of them.
Then my wife, a source of crazy and good ideas, said... ask experienced pilots ... and here I am.
I'm looking to build my own gyrocopter for many well known reasons that you imagine:
* price
* learn more about piloting
* a good hobby to spent my time
* I believe that build an aircraft is magic and fun. Then fly it, too.
* I'm tall and heavy and a custom canopy is mandatory.

The question:
I'm looking for a reasonably well documented gyrocopter project to build from plans or kit with customizations.
For now the unique option is buy a basic kit and add at my own...

What do you think?

Best.

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Javier.

My recommendation is to at least begin the process of learning to fly so you can find out exactly what appeals to you.

Often what seems important as a fantasy becomes less important once you do a little flying.

As you have already found things change so making an immediate decision may not be the best choice.

As you meet people who love flying gyroplanes your learning will accelerate.

As your knowledge increases your desires will take shape and you will be in a better position to make informed decisions.

What you want will be shaped by where you fly and the things that call to you.

Flying a gyroplane is not the same for everyone so there is no best gyroplane.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

I wish you all the best on your aviation adventure.

Attachments

• Pismo.JPG
    Pismo.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 10
building a gyro is not reasonnable , you have to be mad to do it, this is something people who did not do it can understand ..
It's really a trip down the rabbit hole. It's easy to see a lot of square tubes and angles put together and assume it's an easy undertaking, until you go deeper and realize how much is involved. Our craft are deceptively simple but there's a lot going on and many skills to learn. Keeping motivated when it feels like you're not making progress is a tough thing to overcome sometimes. Don't set deadlines. Take joy in the small accomplishments.

Hi Xavier. Are you allowed to "self build" in Spain ?