Looking for a Hegar wheel caliper

Racer

Aircraft
Air Command CLT N7512X
Does anyone out there have a Hegar wheel caliper laying around that they would like to sell?
I have 6" rims and the brake disk is about 4''

The reason I need one is mine does not leak fluid out but does let air in and I am constantly having to bleed my system to get the air out. I have no leaks anywhere in the system that I can see so I am assuming that air is leaking past the piston in the caliper.

If anyone has one and would like to sell it you can contact me at
719 499-2378
Thank you, Todd

raven-rotor

Todd

Would think that replacing the O ring or seal on the piston would be the correct solution if you think that there is a leak. I have not ever taken my set of Hegars apart but I'm sure that there is a replaceable seal in there.

Hope this helps.

Jeron Smith
Raven ReDrives Inc.
Boulder, CO
303-440-6234

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Hello Todd,

In my experience this could also be a master cylinder problem.

I agree with Jeron, it would be good to take everything apart and identify the problem.

Sometimes you will develop corrosion inside the caliper and when you replace the pads the corrosion is just where the seals are and then new seals won’t help.

I have found it is always best to understand the challenge before replacing parts.

Good luck, Vance

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M / Twinstarr
Hegar Parts

Hegar Parts

Todd, I used to sell Hegar Brakes & have rebuild parts for the brakes pictured here.

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0

Racer

Aircraft
Air Command CLT N7512X
Todd, I used to sell Hegar Brakes & have rebuild parts for the brakes pictured here.

Rick, You may be the man of the hour here, do you have a caliper rebuild kit? I will buy it from you.
Vance, The bubbles start showing up near the wheel brake caliper.

Sorry guys, I am busting my butt to get everything built and together for Mentone, Not much time to be checkin stuff out.

GeorgeBass

Aircraft
Prototype U/L Gyroplane
Total Flight Time
500+
Racer;

I've been referred to you by someone that has had a Yamaha Genesis 80 engine on eBay, for sale (don't think it had sold). I was asking many more questions about them than he had answers. If you could find the time, I would be happy to speak with you about this, or perhaps a slightly smaller engine, of a similar type.

Thanks in advance, for your assistance. If possible, please contact me through the
e-mail address listed below:

George Bass E-Mail: [email protected]

aka: ANGEL DRIVER
(ANGEL U/L gyro)

Camp Verde, AZ