Long x-cntry in the Calidus

MichaelBurton

Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Sparrowhawk, B95, AC680, BE23, Calidus, MTO Sport, Cavalon, Vortex, Dominator, WindRyder, RAF2000
Total Flight Time
6000+ over 3000 hrs in gyro
These are from the trip from Stinson field Kansas to Lake Havasu AZ. It was a fun trip. Every time it take this gyro on a trip it makes me love it more.

the Pictures are here

Fab photos Michael.

These new machines are built to travel - great trip.

Steve

Great Pictures. Great xcountry.
Give me inspiration.

That's really what that machine is for but it's too bad they didn't figure out a spot to put some baggage. The side pods they make end up completely limiting it so I don't really consider them a solution.

Great pictures Michael.

Were you VFR on top for awhile?

What was your route of flight?

Thanks for sharing, awesome photo's.......what a great flight.

Mike

How long did your trip take? Where did you stop?

Looks like fun...

M

Mike,

Looks like a great trip. The Calidus really seems to be changing the perception that Gyro's aren't really good for Cross Country. I know Greg has been doing cross country trips with his Magni's for years now but with all the enclosed Calidus machines coming into the country, we now have more and more people using them for cross county trips and I see the attitude changing on what a Gyro is good for. I believe that will be a major positive change for our sport. Keep up the good effort!

Doug Barker
PRA Pres.

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing. I love to read your posts, keep them coming!

Just for your info, I picked up an Air Command this past Friday! I'll be calling you to give it a look over and to schedule more flight time!

Charlie:It was nice to meet you at El Mirage. I just heard from Glenn Kerr the other day tht you are now an Air Command owner. Looking forward to seeing you someday flying it!