Lone Star Rotorcraft Club Fly-in 2020!

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
The Lone Star Rotorcraft club invites everyone to come out to our Annual Fly-In November 20-21st 2020.
We will have people at the hangar Wednesday thru Sunday if anyone would like to come out.
We have a few 30 amp RV spots near the hangars with water available.
If you need a spot reserved or have any questions, text Bobby @ 281-seven zero four-5272. If you don't do text, you can call and leave a message and I'll get back with you.

Location: 336 Chambers County Airport, Anahuac, TX 77514 (50 miles East of Houston, TX.)

Last edited:
I finally got the days off and plan to fly out weather pending.

We plan on having Steak night Saturday evening. These will be gorgeous Rib Eyes with baked potato and Keith's famous green beans.
If you plan on partaking in the steak dinner, please let me know as soon as possible so we can purchase enough steaks. We will be charging $20 per person to cover the food cost as well as giving something to Keith for his expertise on the grill.

We plan on having Steak night Saturday evening. These will be gorgeous Rib Eyes with baked potato and Keith's famous green beans.
If you plan on partaking in the steak dinner, please let me know as soon as possible so we can purchase enough steaks. We will be charging $20 per person to cover the food cost as well as giving something to Keith for his expertise on the grill.
Hope to see you there Bobby.

I had a great time the last time I visited Anahuac.

I loved the enthusiasm for gyroplanes and the friendly pilots I found there.

The current plan is to visit with a friend in Katy Thursday evening and be at the event Friday and Saturday heading back home Sunday morning.

It is a two day drive each way for me, 1,750 miles on my not quite direct route because I have other friends from past lives to visit along the way.

I have to reschedule one more client and lots of other things can go wrong.

I will let you know if it doesn't work out.

I hope to be driving a rental car as flying The Predator there would be expensive; 1,343 nautical miles each way.

If someone wants a lesson or flight review in their aircraft please give me a call at (805)680-9523 or send me an email at [email protected].

Last edited:
Friday was remarkable and I expect Saturday to be even better with the banquet.

A great bunch of gyroplane enthusiasts.

Lots of great conversations and lots of flying.

Perfect conditions.

Everything a PRA chapter should be.

I will try to post some pictures and write a story later.

I am loving the Lone Star Rotorcraft Club fly at the Chambers County Airport in in Anahuac, Texas.

The people here treat me like an old friend and there are a remarkable number of gyroplanes here.

We are having great weather and magical flying.

I took a few pictures as I walked the flight line.

Sorry, no descriptions because I need to get back to the fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 26