Little Wing Construction Begins

LASsociety

Aircraft
CRJ-700, Pa-23, Be-35 R22
Total Flight Time
I have finally taken the plunge and decided to start building a Little Wing. After studying the plans for a few months, I picked up a partially completed fuselage yesterday and have it all spread out in the garage.

Unfortunately I cant start working on it for a few weeks until I am done with a basement remodeling project.

There are a few little things I am planning on changing an the fuselage. It is the long Frame, 2 seat version.

I would like to be in touch with anyone else building Little Wings, I am relatively new to the Forum so Im not the best at figuring out how to best use it. Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC02530.JPG
    DSC02530.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 8
What engine are you planning to use? I flew Ron Herrons Little wing this year at Mentone and it was a blast to fly, I love that Rotec Radial and the gyro was very comfortable and stable. I would love to have one in my hangar some day!!!

Right now I am trying to wait until I am closer to finishing for engine selection. The Fuselage came with a Corvair engine core, and I am reading throught the conversion book. Maybe that will help. Previously I hadn't considered the Corvair. Originally I was leaning towards the Rotax 914 but it is pretty expensive. I guess I haven't really decided, althought I would prefer that it be a true 2 seat aircraft and since I live in Denver, altitude performance is a big consideration.

Mike

You might have to shift the landing gear forward depending on the weight of the engine. You may want to contact Ron Herron on this as he may be able to give you an idea on gear placement for different weights.

It would be a big job to have to weld new attachment fittings after all the fabric work is done.
And then have to recover it. :eek:

Where did you find a partialy completed project? That will be my next gyro when I finish this one.

Gary

I found it on Barnstormers. A bit of looking and a bit of luck as he contacted me from a wanted ad I placed.