Little Wing builders/pilots in TX

rotorpiper

Any Little Wing builders / pilots in TX? Looking to connect with builders in the central TX area. (esp. Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, etc)
:yo:

MMorgan

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
MTO Sport, Bensen, LittleWing LW-3, Breezy
Total Flight Time
4000+
David, I live in south Louisiana...just south of Lafayette and it appears I am probably the closest person to you with a LittleWing.

I did not build mine...I bought it last year from Fred Perdue in Virginia. I have done a few things to it and it now flies 50% better.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and if you need a pic of something on mine I will be happy to send you whatever you need. Fred did make a few changes to the airframe...i think it is actually a little narrower than plans.

Attachments

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
50% better

50% better

Mike: What changes did you make to achieve that figure of 50% better flying?

Did you do the engine air scoop & tail-feathers enlargement projects?

Last edited:

MMorgan

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
MTO Sport, Bensen, LittleWing LW-3, Breezy
Total Flight Time
4000+
The two big ones was putting a larger prop....58" PowerFin to a 64" WarpDrive and going from 23' Phoenix rotors to 25' DragonWings.

When I first got it and flew it....coolant temps and EGT's were too high. Finally figured out the coolant sensor was bad and the old prop was pitched too flat for higher rpm's and that was causing high EGT. As soon as I increased pitch the EGT's lowered.

I did not do any airframe mods.

LW-3Virginia

Little Wing

Little Wing

Hi mike, glad to see you are enjoying the gyro, Id like to ask about coolent sensor problem. I changed the sensor and meter with no improvement.
Did you use the same part number sensor or change to a different part ?
Im building a new gyro with a Rotax 582 for power so i would like to know if im useing the wrong sensor?
Ive been told that if i use about 25 per cent antifreze, 75 per cent water would help keep temp down to about 170 F.
Did you increase pitch on Power Fin prop or Warp Drive to lower EGT? or both?
Yes, the fuselague is slightly narrower. It was built useing Rons early demensions via phone. When he made plans it was wider. Also i changed the landing gear to J3 cub bungee style.
I found the LW to be a smooth and forgiving aircraft to fly. I miss it.
Give me a call evenings if you can. Fred 276-686-4210