Listing of "Technical Books, Papers and Publications"

kolibri282

Clicking the link below will give you a listing of the whole data base.
This might be handy if you want to quickly browse the titles.
The 283 entries in the database (as of 12/15) span two pages.

http://www.rotaryforum.com/arc....php/f-84.html

Fixed the link by removing "forum", thanks for the hint, Alan!

The above link does not point at the list anymore, but to a completely different thread. I tried to save search of the whole database but could not save it, so currently there is no solution.

Last edited:
Hi William, the link stopped working after the forum software update. I didn't get around to asking the admins how to fix this, but will try to do so next weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience, it used to be a nice feature.

The above link does not point at the list anymore, but to a completely different thread. I tried to save search of the whole database but could not save it, so currently there is no solution.

A big loss, that many of us will very much regret...

Quote: You mean like this. I know this guy who is no longer on here that has it all backed up offline, I can ask him if he will send it to you. /Quote
I think this is not quite what we are looking for because here we have several pages. The link above pointed to a continuous list with all entries in the "Technical Papers, Books and Publications" section on one page, which made it easy to search for a topic. I will ask in the Administration section, whether it is possible to get the list back.

Clicking the link below will give you a listing of the whole data base.
This might be handy if you want to quickly browse the titles.
The 283 entries in the database (as of 12/15) span two pages.

http://www.rotaryforum.com/arc....php/f-84.html

Fixed the link by removing "forum", thanks for the hint, Alan!

Is there any good information on building the EJ 2.2 AND 2.5 engines for aircraft use. Also, looking for any information on Subaru engines in
general.

Quote: You mean like this. I know this guy who is no longer on here that has it all backed up offline, I can ask him if he will send it to you. /Quote
I think this is not quite what we are looking for because here we have several pages. The link above pointed to a continuous list with all entries in the "Technical Papers, Books and Publications" section on one page, which made it easy to search for a topic. I will ask in the Administration section, whether it is possible to get the list back.

Juergen did you ever get these pages/links back???
I learned from those and it would be such a loss to our community!!!

Unfortunately, John, I have so far not been able to reproduce that nice listing we once had. I tried several times until I ran out of ideas and also conducted a lengthy web searche, but to no avail. Perhaps someone could file a question with the programmers of the platform (XenForo.Ltd ??). Perhaps there is some sort of download feature, where you can list the topics of this thread as a csv file. If that were possible I would just now and then create one and attach it to this entry.

Thanks for reminding me, that one had slipped way down the list...;-)

Well, that sucks!!!
I don't want that to happen again.
After I fly the 40 hours off the ARGON I can set you up as a PRA library administrator and let you store them in our library???
If you would?
That's the only solution I can guarantee will be backed up and stay.
It would require you to upload or enter a link to the documents. Links can be broken or go away??
And you would have to categorize them so they can be found by subject, author, etc. IIRC there are 6 category search fields.
If you would like to proceed. Just email me. [email protected]

Thanks for taking care of this John! Since I am now retired I have time to take on some new things and it would be great if we somehow can make the TBP&P listing available again. Is there some sort of HowTo or do you think it's all very natural and intuitave and I would manage on my own?

Thanks for taking care of this John! Since I am now retired I have time to take on some new things and it would be great if we somehow can make the TBP&P listing available again. Is there some sort of HowTo or do you think it's all very natural and intuitave and I would manage on my own?
My highest compliment to you for making the world a better place! = UROCK!!!!
I will start making video instructions for all the suites. Yours will be one of the first videos as you are my first volunteer that needs it.
The videos will replace me for Life teaching anyone who comes after I'm gone how to run everything.

And you can request the library to become anything you need or want. Just tell me what we need to make it more intuitive or better.
For example, maybe you wish to have notes that can be attached to a page or article. Where you let experts add or explain more in laymen's terms like you often do when you post these.
You can also create your own categories for research documents!
As long as it is aerodynamics or rotorcraft-related, at first, it will be your personal library that you are sharing with the world.

I am afraid, John, I was a bit slow to realize that you are proposing to incorporate our collection in the PRA library (https://pra.org/Libraries/Select ), is that it? (Uhm... you wrote that very clearly but it took a bit to sink in...;-). If so that would be marvelous! Three reasons for that:
a) it's much easier to find stuff if it is in one place
b) as for links in our collection that are broken, I have downloaded a lot of files and would place them on the PRA server
c) there is stuff which I thought would not be of interest to the members of this forum but might be useful for a broader audience.

As for categories I would probably start with one that contains all the basics, helping beginners to quickly get to grips with those might help to attract more people to the sport! On the other hand I will have to take a closer look at the PRA library, to insert our materiel there in a way that is consistent with what is already there. After the basics we'll see, perhaps members of the forum could propose categories they would like to have. Thanks for your effort and consideration, John!

I am afraid, John, I was a bit slow to realize that you are proposing to incorporate our collection in the PRA library (https://pra.org/Libraries/Select ), is that it? (Uhm... you wrote that very clearly but it took a bit to sink in...;-). If so that would be marvelous! Three reasons for that:
a) it's much easier to find stuff if it is in one place
b) as for links in our collection that are broken, I have downloaded a lot of files and would place them on the PRA server
c) there is stuff which I thought would not be of interest to the members of this forum but might be useful for a broader audience.

As for categories I would probably start with one that contains all the basics, helping beginners to quickly get to grips with those might help to attract more people to the sport! On the other hand I will have to take a closer look at the PRA library, to insert our materiel there in a way that is consistent with what is already there. After the basics we'll see, perhaps members of the forum could propose categories they would like to have. Thanks for your effort and consideration, John!
Yaw Mon =(That's Yes Sir in Jamaican), we are now on the same page literally ((https://pra.org/Libraries/Select) and I realized the same points as to why it is perfect for you and our worldwide community. Let me finish training and I will get back to work on PRA's websites additions.

Hi Jergen!
This will be so helpful to our community that I could not help steal the time to look at the Library suit and the database... Working on it now.
Here is what we need to proceed.
Look at the documents and think of the "Section" and the "Subject" of each document as if entering them in the database.
Create your own Section "Names" and Subject "Names/Description" They need to infer to laymen what it is. Maybe post on the forum and ask what each one describes to them? But then everyone will have a different opinion.

The benefit of creating your list 1st of search/sorting categories is it will allow you to not have to stop and think of a new Section or Subject ensuring much quicker processing time.

And it will allow me to use your Sections and Subjects when I import PRA old library database to this new program.
Together I believe we can make a difference.

I love the people on this forum!!!

Oh, Also the time to add any other description than Title to the database is now.
Anything you feel you need PRA will create the tools you need to make it happen.
Also, I suspect when you're reviewing the different types of documents you may want additional search/sorting category fields.
=More Dropdown list box search fields.

They would further reduce the list of Titles you are searching for.
I assumed I would need more when I look at PRA library documents.

This is the time to add category fields that would make it the shortest list of Titles for the specific information they are searching for.
I was thinking we need Tags too like Aerodynamics, Rotor Blades, Engines, etc. A document may have one or several tags linked to each document.
The User only has to select one of the tags they are looking for like Rotor Blades or Engine and only those tagged documents will be listed.

Are tags too hard to find them all for each document = because there are so many?
I will not know until I look at PRA's library.

Last edited:
You might think about setting up the search with the thought of the Card catalog that you might find at the public library. There will three cards for each book.

The card catalog, will have a card for each author with their published books, a card for each book title, and another card for the subject of the book.