License or purchase first ?

Pegasus is the only actual school in California I am aware of and they might be hiring. They are an AutoGyro dealer.
Is your school not located there?

Pegasus AG moving to Petaluma California!! I did not know that. Most excellent been asking him to. The only downside is he's no closer to San Diego that he was two states away. I'll have to look it up on the chart but that's my suspicion. He will do so much better selling and training with San Francisco and Silicon Valley!!!! Big bucks and they get bored easily and I suspect there will be a boom to the used gyroplane market reducing the cost of a used model with little or no time maintained by at least by an A&P probably an IA = large shop.

I need to call my same birthday bro, worked in the same fields and have the exact same hobbies. Neither of us has ever met anyone else with so diverse skills in the same person. From flying to programming, accounting, electronics the list goes on. It almost makes us believe in horoscopes type connection to the birthdate.

Too bad about George Woods and Don Bradley... I guess PRA should update their listing of CFIs. Is Vance really the only one in all of California now?
They never seem to call and let us know when retiring. This is the first I've heard of it.
Thanks for the info. I cannot just remove them but at least I can contact them and ask.

Since we are advising a newbie I thought I would throw in my two cents. Take a look at what’s available. Pick out a couple of designs you would be interested in owning. Call the dealers and arrange for a demo ride. Don’t buy until you get a demo ride in ALL of your selections. Ask for a list of customers. Call them and ask about customer support. Once you have your model targeted see if there are pre built used / new ones on the market. If not, determine (from taking with the other customers) how long it really takes to complete one. If you’re confident you can build it, buy it. By building it before lessons your flying skills won’t diminish while you’re building. After the build you can receive lessons in your own gyro, if it is a two place. This will aid you in avoiding the transition glitches/ incidents. It will also bring a qualified person to your area to test your gyro before you begin learning. The Little Wing post above provides insight into how a beautiful Gyro can have a problem that can only be discovered and corrected through testing. Get someone who is familiar with testing to be the first to fly. Each model handles differently. If someone familiar tests it you stand a better chance of making your gyro perfect.

I have several inquires out for a Little Wing 5 test pilot, but no pilot yet. Have followed up on all leads so far, barring a mass email.
She's ready for flight at the Lincoln Airport (KLHM) northeast of Sacramento. There must be someone out there?
Brad Hawley [email protected] 530 559 3897 Little Wing 5
LW5 N954BH 2019.jpg
LW-5-3 N954BH

Brad: Maybe this fellow in WI who fabricates LW airframes would know someone familiar w/ Little Wings that would be willing to help in your test pilot search?

Maybe someone who has built and then flown their own tractor gyroplane, such as a LW...

Brad: I just got off the phone w/ Larry Mueller. He doesn't know of anyone who test flys a LW. He said Chris Lord was the test pilot of his tandem, and upon landing, Chris commented that it was the most stable gyro he had flown!

I asked if Chris had ever flown a tractor gyro previously, and Larry replied that he hadn't.

Larry said Ron H. had called him a couple of days ago, asking the same. Larry suggested Ron Awad, having met him.

Larry explained how he is an airplane pilot, owning various airplanes, including an Aeronca Chief & Champ. Has also flown Cubs. He said to him, flying a Little Wing is quite easy, and described it just like Dave DeWinter did when he returned from his first time flying one of Ron H.'s LWs. He said lift off is about 35 mph!

Brad have you asked Dr. George at Woodland ? He has taildragger time and , as you know, is a gyro instructor. I believe the tail wheel time is a must.