Latest Hornet plans and specs?

Faralon

I have been able to procure the v13.2 plans for the Hornet Autogyro. I have read rumors of a v14? Does anyone know where I can find those?

Thanks!

Denis,
My name is David and I have been looking all over the web for version 14 Hornet plans. I read your reply and noticed that you may have a copy. Is there anyway I can borrow, beg or seal copy from you? I was looking to build a Gryo Bee and ran into a set of the Hornet plans (13.2). I liked the lower keel and lower center of thrust. I had just printed a copy of the plans when I found out there was a version 14. If you can help me out I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
David

David, Dennis is an engineer, superb craftsman and does have some valuable suggestions for improvements to the design.

I feel that the dropped keel and a number of features on this gyro are good. I do think it is a good newbie gyro. I think a tall tail is a good way to go.

I think a 447 is impractical, 503 absolute minimum powerplant.

Not an overly complicated build. Tall tail might be more complicated than the one in the plans but probably the way to go.

Denis,
My name is David and I have been looking all over the web for version 14 Hornet plans. I read your reply and noticed that you may have a copy. Is there anyway I can borrow, beg or seal copy from you? I was looking to build a Gryo Bee and ran into a set of the Hornet plans (13.2). I liked the lower keel and lower center of thrust. I had just printed a copy of the plans when I found out there was a version 14. If you can help me out I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
David

Welcome to the forum David .... the other guys here will help you find the Hornet information better than I can ... however I see you are in the T-Shirt business ... great .... do you ever do any aviation custom shirts ??

We sometimes have groups and clubs wanting them , so in the future keep in mind we have an off topic section to post your other interests & hobbies on ... so feel free.

And please include us in your Hornet build and post the pictures as you go ..... we love pictures and build threads

Best wishes

Thanks for the reply Arnie. Yes, once I get started building, I will post photos on the forum. And yes, we make custom T Shirts, Caps and also do custom "Bling" for the ladies. I have only been involved in gyros for a short time now but I have been fascinated by them for years. It's been refreshing to me how friendly everyone in this sport is and how every one wants to help each other. That's something I haven't seen in a long time. I'm just a newby, but if there is anything I can do for any members, please let me know.

David,
PM me your email and I'll help you out... No pleading necessary!
Denis
Hi Denis,
Hornet plans, I would like a copy of v14 plans,
or point me in the direction to obtain some.
I live in the UK, south of Bristol.
thank you
John Foley.

Hello Dennis I am interested in the v14 plans as well could I add my request John Foleys?
I will PM you as well as post here.
cheers David

Is the Hornet an ultralight?

It was designed to be, but the finished product is up to the individual builder. The Hornet is basically a stepped keel Gyrobee. I think most Hornets are flying as ultralights, but there are N- numbered ones as well. If you find one for sale, buy it and fly it, after training of course...

Leigh's/Stuart's Hornet????

Leigh's/Stuart's Hornet????

.....was for being prepped/ready for sale @ Bensen days ... maybe they already had a buyer????

Hi Chris, thank you for doing that.

Bob, I have received your PM and have responded to you by email.