Larry Neal Webinar Saturday!

PW_Plack

The Utah Rotorcraft Association (PRA Chapter 2) will meet online Saturday (Feb 12) at 10am MST (1700 GMT). Immediately following a brief business meeting, Larry Neal of The Butterfly, LLC will present a program which includes an overview of his product line, and detailed information on his boom-training program for beginning ultralight pilots. He'll be assisted by Brian Booth, who's serving as the instructor for the boom trainer in Texas.

Larry's presentation includes more than 50 slides, and will include time for questions and answers about his program, and a brief update on his work as chief test pilot for the Carter Personal Air Vehicle.

We have 150 seats available for the webinar, free regardless of membership in URA or PRA. Login anytime after about 9:50am MST Saturday using the Live Meeting link at the left side of the home page at www.utahrotorcraft.org.

We expect Larry's portion of the presentation to start about 10:20am.

For those who can't make it for the live session, we expect to have a video posted on the website sometime late Saturday night.

Attachments

• Butterfly_Boom.JPG
    Butterfly_Boom.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 1
I have been working with Larry on his presentation and it is going to be very interesting and worthwhile to watch. While anyone will be able to pull it up later and watch it from our archives, only those who are there for the live session will get a chance to personally ask Larry questions that might be on their minds. He told me he will be able to answer questions about how the test flights are going with Carter's PAV 4, so you really don' twant to miss this opportunity live if you can make it. See you there.

Gyro Doug

I am going to be on the road. Do you know if the webinar software supports iPads?

Tim, if you get this before you shut down for the night, I'll fire up a test session and we can find out.

I think Apple is boycotting Flash on its mobile devices, but we could see...

Happening now! Great event!

Thanks to all who participated! Larry was patient, and stayed with us till every question was answered. We didn't have a huge crowd, but it's fun having visitors from Iowa, Ohio and Texas drop in on your monthly meeting!

Today's Chapter 2 meeting is broken into two parts, the business meeting (~ 24 minutes) and Larry presentation (1:26:30). Anyone's welcome to view them at: www.utahrotorcraft.org

Larry

Larry

Hello

I live close by now. I would have loved to come if I would have known about it sooner.

Who was there from Iowa?

Do you know larry's telephone No.?

Carl

Thanks

Carl,

The meeting and presentation were completely on the internet. The meeting was conducted by our President, Doug Barker, in Layton, Utah, and Larry and his instructor, Brian, were in Texas. You can see a video recording of the whole thing by clicking Larry's photo at www.utahrotorcraft.org. Our guests and members seemed to enjoy it.

Our attendee from Iowa was Chad Brown.

The only phone number I have for Larry is the one from his website: (940) 627-9887.

This was a very informative presentation for anyone who has any interest in getting training in a gyro glider. Larry and Brian have developed a full training syllabus and program and are already training people with this method. This program addresses several shortfalls in our current training situation and will be a great asset to introduce new people to the sport with a minimum of cost and a great amount of safety. The program is over an hour long but well worth watching.

Enjoy everyone!

Gyro Doug