Larry Neal Design and parts

Viper22

Aircraft
Miway Breezy (Builder) - 304PR
Total Flight Time
150 hours
Is there any chance someone might pickup where Larry left off and start building parts and kits for his designs? Would his machinist still make parts if someone would pay him?

I sure hope someone buys the company and keeps it going, a lot of great stuff there.

No but contact Doug Baker.
He is forming a customer butterfly support group!

A warehouse full of parts!

A warehouse full of parts!

Until the probate issues are settled .... everything will be in limbo!

There are all sorts of parts in the Aurora warehouse .... with rent due to the landlord ... who is brother of the machinist ... who is yet owed for many of the machined parts!

We sincerely hope that these parts will not "disappear" ... as some other stuff did ... in the early days! The best recovery of rent owed/ work done will be in part sales to current butterfly owners ... hoping good sense prevails & the assests will be preserved & not disposed of for scrap!

Doug, along with more local (Texas) Butterfly "dealers" may be working on an asset preservation strategy! :noidea:

What ever became of that 'warehouse full of parts'?

....ask Valerie White, her father Gary Neal ...( Larry Neil's will beneficiary & executor) ....or phone Billy Bounds or his brother ( the machinist) ...from Google street view ...the machine shop # is Tube products inc Rhome TX 817 189 2261!

I can build parts and sell in South America, per license, don't know what that stands in the US with all the judicial stuff going on!
Matter fact I will teach a guy how to make a gyro, Dominator style in exchange for some parts, if there are interested I can dig out the files for Butterfly stuff . . .I think the two seater Golden needs a revamp, it was intended for other purpose.

Is there any chance someone might pickup where Larry left off and start building parts and kits for his designs? Would his machinist still make parts if someone would pay him?
I found someone yesterday that says he could build parts for the butterfly

I don't know the actual state of the Butterfly stuff, but I have the license for South America and most of the files por parts in MasterCam (solidworks)
Loosing the interest for so much went on and the natural evolution asks for an improved gyro.